+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 00' Sierra 4.3l to 03' 5.3l swap

00' Sierra 4.3l to 03' 5.3l swap

Ok so here's the update. Everything is bolted up, filled the fluids, installed the DBW with pedal, TAC, and pigtail. I have the 5.3l fuse block installed and the engine to harness plugs hooked up. I printed out ALLDATA plug schematics for both motor harnesses to compare pins. 90% of the pin's location, color, circuit and function are the same. My question is can someone who's done this swap please throw me done advice on the wiring part. I'm officially stuck.

So what exactly are you wiring up?

Hey there sorry in advance for the lengthy reply. Everything on the C2, C100, and C152 are repinned 100% to schematic. Here's the problem. Motor turns, starts, then stalls I'm thinking VATS cause there's good pressure at the rail. I can't perform PASSLOCK relearn cause the I/P is blank for some reason when keys put in on position. If scan tool is plugged in to DP, dash lights up like normal with security light flashing. When scan tool is removed dash goes blank. I compared BCM, and I/P part numbers/codes between both vehicles. Parts are identical. Any guidance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2000 sierra 1500 single cab 4.3 I want to go to a 5.3, I was offered a 04' 5.3 what would I need to make it work on my 00'??

+ Reply to Thread