+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4/6 and lower guys...question

Hybrid View

4/6 and lower guys...question

I was wondering anybody running a 4/6 drop or lower than that, what type of notch do you have and what's the clearance between axle and bump stop? And better yet what type of bump stop do you have? How many leafs? Bumps kill me so I was seeing if bumps kill you guys too.
    01' SCSB, 5.3, 4/8 Belltech drop, Wheatley 91 octane tune, S&B cai, ebay headers/Y pipe, Flowmaster 40 series (soon to be gone), vette servo, CalTracs, more coming soon...

if i hit a good bump i get RAPED and im 4/6. i have a little bity bump stop with stock leafs on a flip kit. the notch is from the kit. i need better shocks some kind of bad though
    its just a turbo 5.3 that a couple of kids threw together

01 silverado

09 cobalt ss

"ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

Bumps and stuff dont hurt me too bad, then again i have air springs to help. My current setup is 4/8 (im a cali lean kinda guy) but a keep about 30lbs in the bags to keep it a 4/7 and have zero issue.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

if i hit a good bump i get RAPED and im 4/6. i have a little bity bump stop with stock leafs on a flip kit. the notch is from the kit. i need better shocks some kind of bad though
    thats how i was when i bought my truck it came with a 4/6 drop and shocks for a stock heighth truck. i used to bottom out the shocks all the time and it felt nasty. i put on some belltech street performance shocks for a 6 inch drop and it rode like a dream.
    Bumps and stuff dont hurt me too bad, then again i have air springs to help. My current setup is 4/8 (im a cali lean kinda guy) but a keep about 30lbs in the bags to keep it a 4/7 and have zero issue.
    so those are just helper bags? and like i said i had a 4/6 drop, but yesterday i swapped my buddy for some 2 inch drop shackles putting me at 4/8 and it feels like i have almost no clearance between the axle and the frame. Im not surprised or anything that its so small a clearance, just seeing what kinda solutions i can come up with. I like the lean, just not the bumps.

Any suggestions for air bags? I dont want to go bags all around but being able to ride smooth and lean would be a dream.
    01' SCSB, 5.3, 4/8 Belltech drop, Wheatley 91 octane tune, S&B cai, ebay headers/Y pipe, Flowmaster 40 series (soon to be gone), vette servo, CalTracs, more coming soon...

5/7 here and mine rides pretty good. Mine is stock beltech notch. with McGaughy 2" spindles and 1 coil cut off of Belteck 2" springs. Then hangers and flip kit out back.
    Name: Mark,
    God created turbo lag so nitrous trucks could have a chance.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post274877

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-Art View Post
    Same one Dezert1500 has, right?

Dezert5100P.jpg
    Big slow mud truck with a TUNE!!!!!!

Yes, mine are just helpers. I keep enough air to just barely give me clearance for the axle. With the helpers empty the diff would hit the bottom of the bed on the slightest of bumps and hard take-offs.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

4-6 mcgaughys with helper bags in the rear. Ride is like stock and i only keep about 10-15 psi in bags. The front is the only thing that rubbed when i would bomb into parking lots but I was used to driving a 4wd HD. All my fender wells are shaved and rolled in/up.
    05 CCSB, Volant CAI, LS2, XER281HR, stage 2 p&p with spring's, pacesetter LTs, offroad Y pipe,magnaflow muffler, 4-6 drop w/ helper bags, 20's, steel cowl hood, shaved gate, roll pan, 3000 circle D, 40k trans cooler, HIDs and someother little upgrades.
    68 Camaro, 454 BBC

+ Reply to Thread