+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 12" JL TW5s in NBS

12" JL TW5s in NBS

Has anyone on here put two JL 12" TW5s under the rear seat of a NBS 4 Dr. Probox makes a good lookin shallowmount box. I am thinkin of possibly getting rid of the Stealthbox with 2 W3s in it and goin this route. Prolly swap out the 500/1 to 1000/1 also.
    --2013 CC Z71, Edelbrock charged, cam, long tubes, 4.5" Zone, 285/70/18 KM2s on Gear Big Block, Kenwood system, LineX, Retrax, Katskinz, NFab.
    --2012 Dmax CC Z71, Cognito UCAs, braces, Fox 2.0, LineX, Nfab, Retrax, Ranch Hand Front/Back, Custom Katskinz, Black Gear 18x9 wrapped in 285/70/18 Toyo MT.

I haven't installed the exact setup you are thinking but I have installed some tw5 13's and was pretty impressed by them(and I think most shallows sound like ass).
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

As far as I know, they haven't released the TW-5 12's yet. I have a 13 and i love it. Had a local shop build a sealed box for under my rear seat. Just as loud as my old 13W6v2, but hits much tighter. Just make sure your gonna use a great amp with it. Makes all the difference in the world!
    04 Z-71 ECSB, Leveling Kit, DC Mud Country 33'', JBA Shorties & Super 40 Flowmaster, PPI, JL Audio & Alpine audio with I-pod

Agreed, most shallows do sound like arse, but I have heard the TW5 in stores and I dont c JL selling it if it wasn't good. Not to b smartarse, but not my first system and i realize the amp is key. I am trying to get closer to what my W6 12s use to b like. May look into using the HD 750/1 and 600/4. Thanks fellas.
    --2013 CC Z71, Edelbrock charged, cam, long tubes, 4.5" Zone, 285/70/18 KM2s on Gear Big Block, Kenwood system, LineX, Retrax, Katskinz, NFab.
    --2012 Dmax CC Z71, Cognito UCAs, braces, Fox 2.0, LineX, Nfab, Retrax, Ranch Hand Front/Back, Custom Katskinz, Black Gear 18x9 wrapped in 285/70/18 Toyo MT.

ive seen a couple people make decent ported enclosures for extended cabs i posted a link in the other thread

It is not recommended to use a ported enclosure for the tw5, that's according to JL. Just putting that out there. Would some w6 10's not fit? I can't remember how deep they are.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

6.9 inch mounting depth
    are you dead set on JL? there are other companies out there that are more reasonably priced, ive ran JL and the only complaint is their price

i dont pay normal price, or i would not have ZR components in all 4 doors. No room for w6 10, w3s are smashed into the stealthbox already, although i wish there were room, they would b in there. I think the TW5s would be an improvement over the w3s though, just more air volume and of course more watts pushing them. Mine sounds really good, just kicking around the idea. I will never use a ported enclosure either.

+ Reply to Thread