+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: adding cab lights?

There was a bulletin on some of the new ones. They're not common but easy to fix. Not sure about aftermarket.

I wouldn't mind putting some on mine.

Anything can or will leak. But if you take your time, silicone holes, screws, etc and recheck occasionally there shouldn't be any issues.
    2013 CC 5.3
    81 C10 LS1 project

I don't really understand why someone would want them in the first place, but that's my prerogative.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

because they look cool - if done right & on the right truck

i'd like to throw some smoked cab lights on mine...
    but right now an engine's much more important
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

Quote Originally Posted by lo-lyf View Post
    I don't really understand why someone would want them in the first place, but that's my prerogative.
    same reason people lower trucks, or put on big shiny wheels, color match parts, install stereos, exhausts or intakes. Seeing a truck with running lights and cab lights coming down the road turns heads.

And for lifted guys it lets us know if we are going to hit the sign at white castle, or the top of a parking garage.
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

I'm debating putting some on mine, I like em.....
    Last edited by DBRODS; 08-19-2009 at 03:44 PM.

oooooohhhhh shiny!
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

I want to paint them red though!!!

Turn heads? That doesn't mean anything. How would you like a pepto bismol pink dually. What about a bright green, lifted box caprice with 26's. To me, that is not improving the aesthetics, only adding visibility.

Unfortinately, customizing is all about ONE'S taste. Some will like it. Some will hate it. If it will make you happy; then do it. Just remember the warnings. Who do will clean up all the stupid water up.
    Keep that meat ice cold.

id like the measurements but like all things added after the fact they could leak but no says headers will leak when some one says that they are guna put them on. they could and then like it was said if you inspect them once in awhile u save ur self alot of hassle in the end. but if you dont inspect them and expect them not 2 leak that when it will happen. to each his own its all in the way you feel no disrespect to any one
    06 GMC 2500HD EC/SB 6.6 LBZ allison 6 speed, 4" MPRP turbo back, QS2 on the 70HP tune
    2000 chevy2500 RCLB 6.0
    4L80E,4.10s,aem intake,180 t stat,ported tb,descreened maf, true duals with high flow cats and 40s dumped, lt285/75r16 MTs,an a hypertech programer for now saving for a custom tune now its dead
    15.9 at 88 with mudd tires
    1973 chevy k10
    1989 chevy k1500 stepside

+ Reply to Thread