+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Accesory Wire?

Accesory Wire?

What color is the accessory wire on the stock head unit for an '02 Silverado?

R.I.P Blue '02
    '08 - 5.3
    Vette Servo, Flowmaster 40

What do you mean by "accessory wire"?

well i went to best buy and asked them about wiring up the remote turn on wire for my amp, and they said i'd have to wire it up to the accessory wire on my stereo but that they couldn't tell me what color that wire is. right now i have my amp wired up to my ignition fuse. i want to re-wire it to my stereo. i guess im just asking what wire on the stereo gets a +12v when the truck gets started

R.I.P Blue '02
    '08 - 5.3

The radio has a hot all the time wire for memory. It has a hot in run/accessory for normal operation. That what you need? I'll post up the best guess using GM Service Information but I might need the U codes off the SPID label if there are too many wiring schematic choices. I only asked because there are also "remote accessory" plugs on most of these radios too....to run OEM remote CD players, etc. Sure I'm gonna get called John Madden again but I wanted to know for sure before I answered the Q.

Hot at all times in orange wire in black connector (C1) terminal 10 from RADIO fuse in underhood fuse block.

Hot in Run, Accessory, and RAP is dark green wire in same connector (C1) terminal 9 from RDO 1 fuse in LH instrument panel fuse block (LH end of dash).

HTH

or just use the brown or purple wire that runs from the heater switches to the fuse box, unless you understand all that GM Tech BS that ^^^^he gave you
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

i kept everything wired up to the ignition fuse, i just cleaned up the wiring. thanks a lot for your help though. im sure that info will come in handy later on.

R.I.P Blue '02
    '08 - 5.3

blownwhite03 Guest

Red face

What if your stereo blow your ign. fuse your truck wont start . You could also run to you wiper fuse as it comes on with ign. that what i did it works fine. same thing but if you blow it you loose your wipers not your truck.Theres no acc wire in the factory harness??? I think??

^ what? ^

use the green wire in 99-02. If you have an 03 up use the brown wire coming off of the fan speed selector harness at the back of your air controls or the pin in the junction block. That way you don't hack a bunch of stuff in there... that and it's right there, just fuse it at 10 amps and done. These trucks should only take about 15 minutes to install a radio regardless of year. 07+ has RAP in the junction block by the e-brake. 03+ has ign. in the junction block by the e-brake too, it just isn't retained. Do stuff right guys, either take it to a good stereo shop or don't be a hack. shoving pins into the fuse box or running wires every which way is hack, IMHO.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

+ Reply to Thread