+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: just had a run with a SRT-10

I was getting out of my house to go to the post office, and came to the stop sign and there was a RC SRT-10 on the other side of the the stop sign waiting to turn too, so I turn and while Im turning I give it a little rev... so he bites and floors it right behind me.. so I wait and turn at the red light to get on the servie road of the beltway and he comes right behind me not knowing he is going to punch it right away, so he is at my rear bumper when I hear him punch it!! oh shit, I am barely going 20mph and I just floor my truck too @ 20mph, my truck drops to 1st and spins the hell out of my 20's all thru first gear.>.. my truck going side ways... damn am I pissed off, by the time I hit 2nd gear and my truck stops spinning... he is about 2 trucks infront of me and he stays there all the way to 110mph.... when he lets off... so we get to the next redlight and I ask him to do a 30mph punch and he say's "no, cause I just filled up my gas tank" I was well now you dont got an excuse, he keeps on nodding his head saying no..... he asked how much HP I got in my truck and I just tell him somewhere around 380rwhp.... he said he has only gone to the track once and ran a 15.2 spinning the shit out of the tires.... he said no traction at all... so the light turns green and I was thinking he was going to do a 30mph run but he never did he stayed at 60mph, so I said fuck it, lets do it, but he never did punch it , so he took a right on the next red light,.... damn did I stay pissed off!! I wanted another run bad.... I really think if I could do a 30mph punch and not spin I could of atleast bit him by a little or stay even with him.... I was at full weight too, tonneau cover speaker box and the 20's.... well atleast I know he must live down the block from me, so I'll be picking another race sometime soon..
    01 ECSB 2WD

cammed 6.0
    12.32 @108mph N/A
    11.7@114mph 125shot

you should own him..i have a buddy with a crew cab srt-10 and it runs good but doesnt run as good as your truck in your sig, i know the one you raced is a RC but you should still be able to flash the hazards when you pass him hahaha
    Project: 91' short wide:
    GMC front end update with billet grille and all clears, 17x8 & 17x11 Torq Thrust II's
    5/7 drop, almost totally shaved and 93 Deville tails
    Future Plans: 2001 LQ4 6.0L & a T-56

DD: 98' 5 speed GT : Dumped Exhaust, CAI

YOU SHOULD HAVE STARTED LIKE MAN I DIDN'T GET TRACTION LETS DO IT AGAIN. AND THEN SAID MAN YOUR TRUCK IS FAST,WHICH WOULD BUILD HIM UP AND THEN WHAM SMUSH HIM LIKE A SLEDGE HAMMER.

JAMEST
    12 Sec. Club! SOLD
    La Viuda negra/ a.k.a. Black Betty

LQ4 6.0L, WCCH HEADS, LEVEL 5 FLT 4L80E TRANS. WITH TRANS BREAK, YANK 3200 STALL, TRICK TURBO, TURBONETICS T-76 TURBO, CUSTOM INTERCOOLED, 68lb INJECTORS, CUSTOM S/D TUNE FROM NELSON PERFORMANCE, COMP CAM 212/214 .557/.559 116+2, SNOW METH. KIT, . ALL INSTALLED AND DYNOED AT NELSON PERFORMANCE: 5**?HP @ 5073rpms and 5**TQ @ 4389rpms AT THE WHEELS WITH 10 PSI OF BOOST. ALL 3/4 TON TRUCK 5435LBS, NOTHING TAKEN OFF, STREET TIRES, AND USUALLY 2 BABY SEATS. WANNA RIDE?
    SOLD***

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jamest &#064; Nov 30 2006, 10&#58;23 AM) [snapback]74965[/snapback]</div>
    YOU SHOULD HAVE STARTED LIKE MAN I DIDN&#39;T GET TRACTION LETS DO IT AGAIN. AND THEN SAID MAN YOUR TRUCK IS FAST,WHICH WOULD BUILD HIM UP AND THEN WHAM SMUSH HIM LIKE A SLEDGE HAMMER.
    JAMEST
    [/b]
    damn I should of though of that...

funny thing is I havent been hard on my truck in the street at all, the last time i punched my truck in the street it was when my tranny blew while tuning it wih Allen...&#33;&#33; and I had told my self, no more WOT in the street just at the track... but damn its hard not to do it ...
    01 ECSB 2WD

cammed 6.0
    12.32 @108mph N/A
    11.7@114mph 125shot

The street is more forgiving on the transmission, your tires are more likely to break loose.

Good 1/2 kill&#33; I knew them SRT10s aren&#39;t half what they ought to be.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

He ran a 15.2 at the track&#33; Sounds like he need some slicks to control his tracion issues. You get him your next chance.
    DANIEL CAMMED SS 13.46 @ 98.17-- 8.58 @ 80.31

2003 Silverado SS / LQ9 6.0L / Wheatley 93 Octane Tune / 224/228 .581 .588 110lsa / Patriot Gold Dual Springs / Comp Hardened Push Rods / Circle D 3800 stall / Pacesetter LT's / 4:10 Gears / Transgo HD-2 Shift Kit / K & N Cold Air Intake / Corvette Servo / Aeroforce Interceptor / Autometer Narrorband(Wideband on the way) / Mobile 1 Synthetic / Single Chamber Flows with X Pipe / Cats Delete with Cutouts

Pretty sure you would have rocked him had he not been a wimp. I hope you run into him again.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

here&#39;s a run i had a couple of months ago with an SRT-10 me on motor and my 20&#39;s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdqZgd8sFNg&eurl= that&#39;s suck cause you should&#39;ve pulled him hard
    2006 silverado SS....Clifford Jr...turbo coming soon
    1970 Chevelle ly6 swap....d1 coming soon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mean05 &#064; Nov 30 2006, 01&#58;17 PM) [snapback]74984[/snapback]</div>
    here&#39;s a run i had a couple of months ago with an SRT-10 me on motor and my 20&#39;s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdqZgd8sFNg&eurl= that&#39;s suck cause you should&#39;ve pulled him hard
    [/b]

Damn my camera sucks balls...
    GANGSTA RACING

i think me and xlr8ss were there that night at the track.... i saw yall out there and said whats up....
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    lol...I wish you would never paint your truck...I bet it bugs them that much more that a primered up truck just soggied his Wheaties. good job buddy
    sprayedenali: i like catching, but not fishing
    DBTBSS: bring Tyler... we need someone to make fun of
    MidnightRider: your right im gay
    DamnYankee: my nana failed
    DamnYankee: confused...if it can't keep up to begin with, how can it keep up
    mitch cobb racing: ya, allen played with it for a while, HUGE difference

+ Reply to Thread