+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ran a modded SRT 4

Ok, first of all I had my wife and kid in the car so I couldn't get too crazy, just up to 60mph or so.
    It started with this damn car tailgating me and I notice he's coming up and letting off. So, I floor it at 25mph or so and do a 1st gear burn out, now it's on.

We pull up to the light, we start off slow because a car is in front of him. I keep going slow about 20mph and don't pass him.
    I notice he's keeping the trans in 1st gear, so he's ready.
    BTW, this car is freaking loud and stupid, very annoying, obviously no exhaust at all.
    So it clears up and he honks the horn three times. I know what this means because I've seen stupid imports do it, lol.
    We hit it and it's dead even through first ( I was pealing out though), then we hit 2nd and it's still even.

Not bad at all for a ricer. My wife about had a shit fit lol. She doesn't like that kind of racing at all, but she didn't say "don't race".

So that's it, the 3200 stall is going in and probably a cam, I can't have a ricer as fast as american muscle.
    Also, the GTO runs a 13.2 now, so it was a modded SRT4 for sure.

I don't have too many encounters so this was fun.

later,

allen

What cam are you thinkin on goin with?

Chris
    2009 Silverado, HPTuners, all stock.

those cars are like a virus. they are everywhere. just like the muffstains. dont worry you would of killed him on the strip. so im assuming he did the "ricer fly by" thinking he won correct?
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Good job. The one I ran had 3" pipes in the rear (was dark, but I think black). He stated it had 290fwhp on the dyno. I know their Stage I setup is supposed to take them from 230 to 240HP and stage II, to like 280hp. I've been reading up on them since the fun I spent the other night...."know your enemy"..then KILL him

Stage III is pretty serious for a car that small/light - 355HP....

Here's a good string for intelligence on those little rockets:
    http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_265244/tm.htm

Take care.
    93 Ext Cab w/ 99' LS1, AFR 205cc heads milled to 59cc, G5X2 cam (232/240 .595/.608@114LSA), Edel LS1 headers, 6.0L intake
    Edel IAS shocks, Hotchkis front/rear antisway bars, 3.73 Axle w/ 8.5" -10-bolt w/ Eaton Posi

Originally posted by chrisj6@Jan 5 2006, 09:46 PM
    What cam are you thinkin on goin with?

Chris
    Something around a 230/236 cam with a .59x lift.
    I'm installing the 3200 stall soon, that'll help a lot!!! This stock stall converter only goes to about 1200rpms; takes a while to build rpms.
    Once I get everything done, I'll put a set of AED heads on.

hopefully high 11's will be in reach.

later,

allen

fuggin with them damn ricers again i see allen you just cant leave then damn things alone oh well...better you than me they shure hate to get whipped by a suv

oh..i finally got my detroit truetrac in the av last night
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

Originally posted by bud8fan@Jan 6 2006, 10:07 AM
    fuggin with them damn ricers again i see allen you just cant leave then damn things alone oh well...better you than me they shure hate to get whipped by a suv

oh..i finally got my detroit truetrac in the av last night
    Are you off the 20th of this month, we'd sure like to see you come up here for a race?

later,

allen

i have a new job coming up monday and dont have a relief guy to relieve me as of yet so prolly not but i will be at the next meet that im off work for shure
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

Those kids driving those things think they are the baddest thing since sliced bread. For a minute I thought you were driving your truck til I got to the end. Cool story thought.
    Had a 91 SB, Open diff, 3.08 gears, stock LS1/T56. 14.8@95.9...sold.
    Now, 90 C1500 350tbi/NV3500....just bought a 5.3...need T56, Swap parts.....

hows come all the fun happens when your wife is in the car?! mine is always hitting me telling me to stop ! but shes the one who tells me to buy stuff for my truck! any way good race and show him what american muscle can do for a lot less than he spent!! dodge sux!
    07 SILVERADO CLASSIC 2500 HD 4x4 CREW CAB LT3 DURAMAX LBZ/ALLISON 6 SPEED 5'' MBRP Turbo back exhaust 6'' TIP /NO CAT- NO MUFF/ AFE Intake/ EDGE HOT JUICE /MERCHANT AUTO STG III Built Allison/P I ConverterTTS Twin Lift Pumps. Tierod sleeves/Cognito braces.17x9 Moto metals_______ Old Truck ,04 Z-71/Turbocharged,/cam/stall/Zippy Built TRANS/Nelson Tuned------

+ Reply to Thread