+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 7th Annual LS1Truck Raceday, reschedule/rain date March28th

7th Annual LS1Truck Raceday, reschedule/rain date March28th

Ok, guys, this has been a crazy year for the LS1Truck Raceday. Our track was closed and having it out of town makes things crazy; weather hasn't helped either.

The official rain date for the LS1Truck Raceday is March 28th!
    Our Feb 28th day was fun, but the rain ruined all events.

The Raceday is gonna be bigger and more cash payouts!
    All of you who couldn't make it due to an unfinished project or any other reason, now have an incentive to get going.

Think you're the baddest and fastest LSx Equipped Truck around?
    Come to Edinburg Raceway and prove it!
    Winner of The Fastest LS Shootout takes home $2000 and the first loser takes home $500.

The ALL-out Fastest on property Shootout (any engine) will get $500 cash!

Prize bags and thousands of dollars in certificates will be given out as well to all other categories and as free prizes!

Tshirts will be sold at the event for $15.

As always, a big thanks to our Sponsors!

Bracket Racing: Any truck can enter the bracket racing shootout. There will be cash payout for this event! Along with gift certificates and prizes.
    -Sportsman Tree will be used and all trucks will be in one bracket race showdown.

Fastest on Property: Any truck can enter the Fastest on Property Shootout. There will be cash payout for this event. All makes and modes and engines, as long as the vehicle is a truck can enter. Winner or last standing of this event is consider Fastest Truck on Property Winner.

Fastest LS Truck: Only LS equipped trucks can enter this event. There will be a $2000 payout to the last truck standing or winner of the last race. You must enter this event in order to claim your prize. Payout of $500 is given to runner-up. Every year we have this event and sometimes the fastest LS truck doesn't win due to red light, broken parts, or driver error. So if you have a fast LS equipped truck, ENTER THIS RACE!!! You could have the chance of winning $2000/$500 and the chance to be on next year's tshirt!

If you have any questions regarding the event please post up or PM me; I'll be glad to answer.
    Last edited by farmtruc; 03-04-2015 at 12:46 PM.

So did this happen? Haven't seen anything on the forums about it. How was the turnout?
    Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    It's always a good big accomplishment to get such a big build running. So congratulations on that!
    However, you're already talking bs and the truck is on jack stands, lol.
    Get it on the track, run some respectable times, then say "to all the haterz" because that vid is weak lol.
    You got a long ways to go to compete with the turbos!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boosted View Post
    Sorry dude....what I meant is that you are full of shit. Your supercharged turd wont ever make it to the 8's and your wasting energies as Casey did.
    Go turbo and be done with it.

x2

Of course it did.
    Unfortunately, there were other events going on that same day and turnout for Edinburg raceway was down quite a bit, but it was fun and some fast ass trucks were out there.
    Not a lot of specs, but racers came.

Spike took the fastest LS and Altons Brown Sierra took Runner up, me driving.

We did the fastest ls a little different this time and all the racers seemed to prefer it.
    Instead of a ladder type, truck vs truck, etc, it was a One Shot One Kill type of race.

All the racers lined up, ONE at a time we ran. No vs, no excuses, no drama, no red light, no chasing down, no sand bagging, etc.
    Throughout the entire day we all did test and tune, then when it came time, each racer had his turn to perform one run that meant it all.
    Obviously, the fastest could still break, smoke the tire, driver error, etc.
    It worked out great!!!!
    Spike was expected to win as long as he didn't break, but he did, but managed an 8.80.
    After that it was up for grabs because there were faster trucks than a 8.80, but they had issues too.
    So Brown came up and ran a slow 9.7 for runner up.
    Anything can happen, but it did work out, the fastest truck won.

I'll post pics and vids later.

Yeah man sorry for the bad turn out. It was just a shitty deal all the way around really. First the main track closed. Then it got rained out. Then it got rescheduled on shitty date. Sorry for that, but we can hope and pray that next year SAR is open and the weather will be good.

Did you run your truck? How did it run?

What about Bud8fan? Thats the maroonish truck that had the balljoint issue right. How did it do?
    It's always a good big accomplishment to get such a big build running. So congratulations on that!
    Get it on the track, run some respectable times, then say "to all the haterz" because that vid is weak lol.
    Sorry dude....what I meant is that you are full of shit. Your supercharged turd wont ever make it to the 8's and your wasting energies as Casey did.

...also I think being scheduled the week before the Houston meet hurt it as well.

I hope san Antonio is open for next years ls1truck shootout also. so allen where are the pics and videos?

+ Reply to Thread