+ Reply to Thread

Thread: wiring and stereo swap from newer truck?

Hybrid View

Yup, i agree, factory head-units r more trouble than there worth. Use the speakers out of the trailblazer if u want but get a decent after market head-unit, dash kit for that truck, wiring harness adapter and antenna adapter. This will be much easier and less headaches.

thanks for the responses. I currently have a Kenwood cd head unit now, and two replacement speakers in the dash, I think 5 1/2s. And two replacements in the back, 3X5's. Lots of treble and mid, but no bass. Then I sit in the trailblazer and the stock outfit just blows my sound into the dirt. I just wish my truck sounded as good.
    My stepsons got me a cheap(!) subwoofer combo for Xmas at Walmart, I looked and it costed $16.99, and it sounds like it! but sounds one stage better than it did.

I have found a ported slimline box that will go behind the seat to hold a 10" sub, but I just don't know if the sound will surround my senses like the trailblazer. I have thought about hacking the interior and doing something really different, as this is not beyond my capabilities. For example, a custom dash. The replacement speaker covers (cheap factory plastic) are pricy to replace, old ones are broken from when someone replaced the speakers at the store many years ago. And I have lots of rattles in the "plastic" interior anyway. And maybe some custom enclosures in the back corners instead of the little 3X5's. I can't just go out and buy a new truck. ($$$$$) So I'm trying to put together some options. I am planning on using the insulation mat on the interior, I'm sure this will greatly help.

Since I'm already doing an LS swap, that's why I was thinking wiring swap. But I can imagine how complicated that could be. I've seen how messy factory stereo wiring can be! lol
    Last edited by stillwater; 06-11-2014 at 02:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread