+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thinking of buying a Suburban. How much will it take to make 450 reliable HP?

Question Thinking of buying a Suburban. How much will it take to make 450 reliable HP?

Hi all,

I am considering a new or slightly used Suburban/Tahoe. Unfortunately, I think the 5.3 is not up to the job. Is there any I can get a reliable 425-450 HP for a reasonable amount of money? How much will it take to get me there and will the drivetrain be able to handle the power. I do not intend to take it to the track. Just want a daily driver with a nice power reserve.

Lastly, does the 2500 weigh significantly more than the 1500 in 4WD trim? Though it gives me the 6L I think the power would be absorbed in the additional weight?

Thanks,
    WS

whats wrong with a turbo 5.3l? is your goal crank hp?
    farmtruck just completed a avalanche with a reliable 600hp

Quote Originally Posted by wm_sorg View Post
    Hi all,

I am considering a new or slightly used Suburban/Tahoe. Unfortunately, I think the 5.3 is not up to the job. Is there any I can get a reliable 425-450 HP for a reasonable amount of money? How much will it take to get me there and will the drivetrain be able to handle the power. I do not intend to take it to the track. Just want a daily driver with a nice power reserve.

Lastly, does the 2500 weigh significantly more than the 1500 in 4WD trim? Though it gives me the 6L I think the power would be absorbed in the additional weight?

Thanks,
    WS
    Jamest has a 2500 making 700 I think maybe lil less. It's killer tho!

+ Reply to Thread