+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holley r4 bracket with 5.3 swap

Holley r4 bracket with 5.3 swap

Has anyone else used the Holley R4 bracket with their swap I am trying to use the factory lines and the one that bolts to the compressor the low side I cannot figure out a way to put it without it kinking and twisting. I know its empty and hopefully with pressure the kinks will go away. Anyone else run into this problem?

Im running into the same problem. Let me know if you figure something out.
    91 RCSB-- Forged LS7 bottom end, ported LS3 heads, ported LS3 intake, custom EPS cam and a 4l80e.

well i ended up bending the lines till i could get the least amount of kinks I think pressure will get rid of the rest but for all you guys that wanna run ac with the factory compressor and lines I dont suggest you get the holley bracket

I went the cheap route and used the original 5.7 A/C bracket by modifying it to work on the 6.0 engine. Works great and it's close to it's original location so the lines are not all kinked up.
    '93 Chevy 1500 4X4 ECLB with a '99 Silverado LQ4 6.0 and '99 Escalade 4L60E. SOLD IT!!

New toy: 2001 2500 HD 4X4 Extended Cab Long Bed

John

Just bought this bracket.. I may just get lines made.

Let me know if yours works with the factory lines

1989 RCSS 5.3/4L60E swap
    - 224/230 .581.591 112lsa,
    - 3200 Stall
    - DJM 4/6 drop
    - Nelson Tuned

Building the truck GM never did..

Post a pic of how you ended up bending the lines. I have bent and twisted and still cant get all the kinks out. I was actually thinking of buying a metal coupler and cutting some of the rubber tubing out to get rid of the slack. Thanks!
    91 RCSB-- Forged LS7 bottom end, ported LS3 heads, ported LS3 intake, custom EPS cam and a 4l80e.

I had the same problem . I used the dirty dingo brackets ... I had my lines made with heavy duty lines from a local guy here in Houston .cost was about 20 bucks
    Lovin it now in this Texas heat!

Are any of you using the Holley A/C compressor with this bracket?

Im using the stock compressor from my V6.

i am quite sure the holley compressor is just an regular r4 compressor just with the bigger pulley

+ Reply to Thread