+ Reply to Thread

Thread: frame mods for AC

frame mods for AC

Hi all, I need to know where to cut and box the frame on my 92 4X4, in order to have clearance for my AC compressor. It's a 6.0, out of an '04 trailblazer, and I'm using my 700R4 that's in the truck now. I would get mounts to move the AC, but I need to do my swap cheaply, and I do have experience cutting/welding, and I'm having trouble finding much info on this. thanks in advance

Boxing the frame is going to cost you time and materials. You will have to get custom hoses made and find or build a custom ac block to hook the hoses to the compressor to clear everything. You may save a little in the long run but you will work your ass off to do it.

I dont think anyone has ever posted dimensions for boxing the frame. A lot has to do with how far back you set the engine. You pretty much have to set the engine in the truck and start marking your cut lines.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

It would be much easier and cheaper to use your existing hoses and relocate an r4 compressor using a mid 90s a/c bracket (naturally you have to cut it up to make it work,but thats the fun part). If you can cut and weld then you can get it done with a lot less work and expense than boxing the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by exboatracer View Post
    It would be much easier and cheaper to use your existing hoses and relocate an r4 compressor using a mid 90s a/c bracket (naturally you have to cut it up to make it work,but thats the fun part). If you can cut and weld then you can get it done with a lot less work and expense than boxing the frame.
    +1
    Current project.
    1957 Belair

SOLD!
    http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...rkwhite61.html
    1999 Silverado RCSB
    2004 LS6
    4/6 drop
    frame off rebuild

+ Reply to Thread