+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: how do i convert it?

I got busy at work and forgot to look at my intake I had laying around. On my truck I have an 04 intake and 99 dbc TB. On my truck the hose that is coming from behind the throttle body that goes to the valve cover (pic #6) is capped off behind the TB and the valve cover is vented to atmosphere.

ya makes seance, so basically all i have to do is cap off that hose at the vale cover correct? but as far as the hole on my TB it will be plugged from the back so do i get it to idle threw tuning? or do i need a new throttle body?
    Built 2 Run! 6XX HP/ 6XX TQ

No the hose at the valve cover must be vented, just slip a filter onto it and cap the nipple off behind the tb

o ok i can put a breather on it, and the one behind the TB isnt there on the new intake. there isnt a place for that hose to go ? just on the valve cover not a male end or hole or anything on the Intake

the 3rd and 7th picture is of the new intake the 3rd you can see were the hole on my TB would line up and its solid plastic, and the 7th you can see that there isnt a place to drill or anything?

What year model is the new intake?

I'm sorry all this has got confusing I'm just trying to help lol.

im not to sure the guys sent it with the heads i had done, is there a way of looking on it and telling?

DBW throttle bodies don't have idle air ports.
    It is the intake port for the crankcase vent. The older throttle bodies had the hole and then the nipple was on the intake that went to the valve cover. If you look at the way the newer trucks are set up the same line for the valve cover is hooked to the intake duct work pre throttle body.
    If you replace the valve cover line with an open filter/vent you need to do the same on the other side or you are introducing unmetered air through the PCV.

The dbw TB controls idle by opening the blade instead of using an iac valve. Vent your valve cover and bolt the TB on and you should be ready to go.

+ Reply to Thread