+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 93 1500 w/ 5.3L & 5 speed swap

ok thanks a lot. I guess i got the wrong flywheel from the parts store bc my pressure plate wasnt lining up on the flywheel. is there any specific year i need to get. i just got an 03. my motor is a 05 lq4. thanks in advance

Im fairly sure the SBC clutch wont fit the LSX flywheel, so its probably not the flywheel thats the problem.......

Quote Originally Posted by johnmichael397 View Post
    ok thanks a lot. I guess i got the wrong flywheel from the parts store bc my pressure plate wasnt lining up on the flywheel. is there any specific year i need to get. i just got an 03. my motor is a 05 lq4. thanks in advance
    I got a 4.8L flywheel from a 99 Silverado. I am actually using a clutch kit for the original engine now because it was way cheaper than the 4.8L clutch kit. It fit the flywheel just fine though...

91 Silverado Stepside, LT1, 4L60e, Hotcam, RRs, Headers, 52mm TB, built trans, 20" Coys, 5-7, etc...
    93 Silverado, 5.3L, 5 speed, 5-7, 20"s, GMC grille,molded pan, 454SS fogs, HIDS, etc...
    06 Silverado Crew Cab Z71, LTs, full SLP exhaust, tune, CIA, 6" lift, 35"s, DVD, etc...

Snapped a few pics tonight. Still need to tidy up some wiring and stuff and make a radiator cover and mount top of fans.. But its gettin there slowly.

Here's what I did with the fuse block that came with the harness. I didnt like that it was just exposed so I snagged a block from a 96 truck and gutted it. Mounted it on the fender and mounted my fuse block inside it. That way it looks somewhat factory and it protected from the elements. Also shows where I mounted my PCM

Also if I cant modify the Camaro SS cover how I want the I'll prob just end up using my 3 piece covers from my green truck. haha

91 Silverado Stepside, LT1, 4L60e, Hotcam, RRs, Headers, 52mm TB, built trans, 20" Coys, 5-7, etc...
    93 Silverado, 5.3L, 5 speed, 5-7, 20"s, GMC grille,molded pan, 454SS fogs, HIDS, etc...
    06 Silverado Crew Cab Z71, LTs, full SLP exhaust, tune, CIA, 6" lift, 35"s, DVD, etc...

yeah i was on the rock last night. lol long day. i took the alignment pins out and it fits!

Not much more to tell but here's a few pics to hold you over. I have been cleaning up on the inside and stuff lately. I found some billet for cheap so stuck that in there along with cd player and speakers. This weekend I hope to fill it with coolant, trans fluid, and change the oil. May finish up the fan wiring if I have time as well.

Few pics of how the headers look as well as the oil pan. I may swap pans out if I can find a cheap one so this wont get smashed, but for now its staying.

interior progress

put a skid plate under there going from in front of the xmember to under the oil pan. If you break the pan you probably won't know until the engine is burned up.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    put a skid plate under there going from in front of the xmember to under the oil pan. If you break the pan you probably won't know until the engine is burned up.
    Or it might be just as easy to install a fbody pan.
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

hey i just joined this site and i found ur posts here and its exactly what i would like to do my truck. Just outta curiousity how hard of a job was it and how much did it cost ya?

Havent posted here in a lil while but still gettin some work done slowly..
    Got a good deal on a billet wheel so painted it to match.

Also put some blue LEDs in the HVAC controls today. Went to good ole Wal Mart and picked up a blue transparent clipboard for $2 and cut it up for the display. Now its all nice and blue instead of hideous green! lol

Also bought an intake for it that fits great IMO. Changing out the blue couplers to black to blend in better. Prob gonna just end up using these 6.0L covers for a clean factory look.

Exhaust is done! I'll have vids shortly.

and a pic in the sun. Maybe it wont be two tone for much longer.

+ Reply to Thread