+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for OBD1 tuner in Texas

Looking for OBD1 tuner in Texas

Alright guys heres the deal i plan on swapping to an l31 block but i'm gonna keep the tbi and when i do i plan on having some mods done that will require a tune. The closest guy i've found to do a dyno tune for me is in Tulsa, Ok and for me thats 590 miles one way. It seems alot of guys on this forum are from Texas so maybe someone could help me out.

and i know i know...i would much rather swap in an ls9 but funds arent very plentiful.

college student

95 C1500 LM7, built 4L60e, Circle D 3200, LT's, Nelson tune, open differential, 3.42, and LS1 e-fans. Tractionless

The only OBD1 tuners I know of are Street and Performance in Mena Ark and Turbo City in Cali. I'm sure there are others.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Were you located at, I've got software for that. I'm no professional tuner, but I worked with this stuff for a while with sucess. I actually have a 68 Camaro with the edelbrock multi point intake, ETec 170 heads,L31 bottom end loaded with flat tops and ZZ4 cam and I'm using a computer 91 corvette for a contrller and TC to tune my e-prom, let me know. wouldn't mind helping you out.

BB

Tunerpro.net, This is a free download for OBD1 gm vehicles. Id say you could either try it yourself or have someone that knows how to tune help you along. I think you can also pay like 30 bucks and get the Real Time Tunerpro also.
    -Custom Catback with Cherry Bomb Extreme,L33 with 799s, Pacesetter Headers, Electric Fan, SHIFT Technologies Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 3 inch lift, 18" Factory Infiniti FX Wheels, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapplers, 6000K HID fog lights, 8000K HID low beams, Wheatley Tuned.

I think tunerpro is a binary reader but not sure I have tunercat which converts all that computer language into tables that understand, not expensive at all it just takes a little to get setup, if you want to got that route just e-mail @ tunercat and he'll help getting the stuff you need, and its not hard you just a know how of how the engine works and what it wants more of, But if you don't think you want to do this alone shout me a PM

BB

sorry took so long to reply forgot that i posted this up on here, but my parents live in Baytown and I live in Galveston, I've read up on this alot and I could do real time datalogging with tuner pro r/t but I wouldnt be able to burn a chip cause if i were to tune my truck myself i would buy the ostrich from moates which add up to be about 350-375 then i'd have to learn how to tune on a block thats been bored out. i know im going to run into fuel problems. I'm also looking to get a procharger

95 C1500 LM7, built 4L60e, Circle D 3200, LT's, Nelson tune, open differential, 3.42, and LS1 e-fans. Tractionless

Who did Jon's tuning way back? Sad that I remember when he was TBI
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

I tried to forget about those days... Best tuning advice i can give is leave it alone.. Save your money and upgrade to a LS based motor. I spent a lot of time and money trying to make a TBI motor fast.. LOL it didnt happen. Look on GM Fullsize and look for a user by the name of haulnass. He does OBI tuning and is very good at it.

A birdie told me Allen still knows how but the price he charges you could have just done an ls swap and had twice the hp the tbi would ever put out lol
    30' Ford Model A Tudor Sedan - Custom chassis - Big bore LS2 - twin B76's - Glide - 9" w/ 3.07 gears - 30" DR tire - 2k lbs cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by mr.mason View Post
    and i know i know...i would much rather swap in an ls9 but funds arent very plentiful.

college student
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMinivan View Post
    A birdie told me Allen still knows how but the price he charges you could have just done an ls swap and had twice the hp the tbi would ever put out lol

Quote Originally Posted by DBRODS View Post
    I tried to forget about those days... Best tuning advice i can give is leave it alone.. Save your money and upgrade to a LS based motor. I spent a lot of time and money trying to make a TBI motor fast.. LOL it didnt happen. Look on GM Fullsize and look for a user by the name of haulnass. He does OBI tuning and is very good at it.
    looked him up but didnt find him...where was he from?

+ Reply to Thread