+ Reply to Thread

Thread: '73-'88 Chevy Trucks

While swapping an LQ9 and built 4L60E into my 1979 K10 I am doing some body modifications. One thing I want to do is shave the triangle vent windows and have a one-piece window. I saw a few trucks here and there like that but didn't have anyone to ask.

Anyone done this? Is there a kit anywhere, or like the rest of the project is it going to be a custom job?

Another option is to go the other direction and leave them in, but couple them with power window motors. I know old Cadillacs and Buicks had these in the late '60s. Anyone know of any kits for this type of modification?

Going the power route I would be interested in installing a power rear pass-through window in the vehicle too . . . .

Thanks.

Personally, I would keep the wing windows. Sure the newer trucks look cool with the one piece windows but have you tried to drive in the heat of summer without vent windows? It's a hot bitch without the deflectors to move air over the driver and passenger. I did it for one summer and now I am going to put A/C back in the truck because it's just way too hot without a way to bring air inside.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Originally posted by Patent_Pending@Mar 16 2005, 08:23 AM
    While swapping an LQ9 and built 4L60E into my 1979 K10 I am doing some body modifications. One thing I want to do is shave the triangle vent windows and have a one-piece window. I saw a few trucks here and there like that but didn't have anyone to ask.

Anyone done this? Is there a kit anywhere, or like the rest of the project is it going to be a custom job?

Another option is to go the other direction and leave them in, but couple them with power window motors. I know old Cadillacs and Buicks had these in the late '60s. Anyone know of any kits for this type of modification?

Going the power route I would be interested in installing a power rear pass-through window in the vehicle too . . . .

Thanks.
    --WHOOP ASS RACING--
    2005 Silverbirch Metallic SS 2WD
    13.86 @ 97MPH 2.01 60'
    AEM CAI-Pacesetters-Tune-Magnaflow-asp pulley
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...out2winsig.jpg

+ Reply to Thread