+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 07 SUPERCHARGED NNBS Shoruld I run true duals? Cam?

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0vortecchevy View Post
    Both.
    Are you saying retain the 2.5 pipe and put on a muffler with the same size outlet as the inlet?

Example 2.5 header back piping into a 3"inlet/3"outlet

Yea exactly thats the way you do it when your working with flowmaster. I have true dual 3 inch with 3 inch flowmaster, the only reason beings is that the 3 inch flows perfect for what my set up is, i dont need anybigger then a 3 inch pipe and muffler being that there are 2 of them. But if your piping is 2.5 you dont want a 2.5 flowmaster.

Recap always use a flowmaster bigger then your piping, only certain time will you retain the same size muffler' such and true dual 3 inch. Not 2.5 true dual.
    Last edited by 6.0vortecchevy; 05-04-2010 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6.0vortecchevy View Post
    Yea exactly thats the way you do it when your working with flowmaster. I have true dual 3 inch with 3 inch flowmaster, the only reason beings is that the 3 inch flows perfect for what my set up is, i dont need anybigger then a 3 inch pipe and muffler being that there are 2 of them. But if your piping is 2.5 you dont want a 2.5 flowmaster.

Recap always use a flowmaster bigger then your piping, only certain time will you retain the same size muffler' such and true dual 3 inch. Not 2.5 true dual.
    Yeah, I'm not sure what my truck came stock with matbe 2.5" or 3". I stated 2.5 off of what your response stated. The collectors on my Doug thorley headers are 2.5" so i guess i'll run an adaptor into true dual 3" pipes. Are you running cats? Do you have a sound clip? what model Flowies are you running?

Yea i was just using it as an example. yea i got a few vid on my photobucket. Oh and there super 40's.

No longer have that stupid side exhaust.
    Last edited by 6.0vortecchevy; 05-05-2010 at 07:41 PM.

procharger p1sc, nelson tune, 42# marine injectors, walbro 255, lt's, ory, 4" volant cat back, PerformaBuilt level 2 pro race trans, trans. cooler with e fan, 2500 stall, aem wideband, energy bushings, spohn perf. trailing and panhard rods, mb & gear alloy 22's ( ya 2 sets, im big ballin), ss brake lines, drilled & slotted rotors, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla,
    and ya it will beat a hemi.

its off flow pro's website, not my truck, i run 2.5" pipe with a 3" muffler. the one on my truck is not as raspy. i had never heard of flow pro either, until about a year ago, but my avalanche is the 2nd truck ive put their mufflers on. anyone still run glasspacks?
    procharger p1sc, nelson tune, 42# marine injectors, walbro 255, lt's, ory, 4" volant cat back, PerformaBuilt level 2 pro race trans, trans. cooler with e fan, 2500 stall, aem wideband, energy bushings, spohn perf. trailing and panhard rods, mb & gear alloy 22's ( ya 2 sets, im big ballin), ss brake lines, drilled & slotted rotors, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla,
    and ya it will beat a hemi.

In your case If you are looking to Cam your truck on top of a supercharger you DONT need to just run a 2.5. I was advised dual 3 or single 4 in. on the build I am working on. And it is a N/A / n2o build. But the end rwhp will be within the ball park of what you are working toward. So looking at the facts and with the info I have been given I would say a dual 2.75 with a x pipe would be the SMALLEST you could run and would probably be taking away from your hp. With FI you want exhaust out as efficently as possible.
    Also if you havent already admitted it to yourself you have a the "mod" disease. It is like a virus. It spreads and gets worse. You will find yourself one day cranking the boost or changing the heads small things to get just a lil faster. Its better to be prepared for the future then come up short.

06 Intimidator SS- Tuned, CAI -DD
    03 Silverado- Last incarnation 13.6... RIP
    Ls1, Pnp heads, Polluter camshaft, spray, 4k stall on the way
    "Seize the day like you seize your noodle" - Shin Chan

Quote Originally Posted by Show&Go View Post
    In your case If you are looking to Cam your truck on top of a supercharger you DONT need to just run a 2.5. I was advised dual 3 or single 4 in. on the build I am working on. And it is a N/A / n2o build. But the end rwhp will be within the ball park of what you are working toward. So looking at the facts and with the info I have been given I would say a dual 2.75 with a x pipe would be the SMALLEST you could run and would probably be taking away from your hp. With FI you want exhaust out as efficently as possible.
    Also if you havent already admitted it to yourself you have a the "mod" disease. It is like a virus. It spreads and gets worse. You will find yourself one day cranking the boost or changing the heads small things to get just a lil faster. Its better to be prepared for the future then come up short.
    Very true about the mod disease lol. I am far from done, i will definately be adding a big cam, rockers, injectors etc. In that case I think i will go with the true dual 3" piping. Were you just reffering to the piping or the piping and mufflers?

piping and mufflers. Both need to be 3. If you are looking to push it alot further throw a x pipe in there while you are at it. It should flow good enough for about anything....
    Also. When picking a cam it is a lil more tricky then large cam when it comes to forced induction. You will really need to have one custom spec'd. And if you are expecting alot of lope I doubt a good cam for your set up will have it. Being overlap is a bad thing when it comes to FI. A spec'd cam on a blower will net 50+ easily though on top of a piece of mind knowing your springs and pushrods are able to handle the power. Then all youll need to do is swap some pulleys for more power!!!

06 Intimidator SS- Tuned, CAI -DD
    03 Silverado- Last incarnation 13.6... RIP
    Ls1, Pnp heads, Polluter camshaft, spray, 4k stall on the way
    "Seize the day like you seize your noodle" - Shin Chan

I decided to go with true dual 3" piping w/o cats into Dynomax race bullets. It sounds pretty damn healthy now with a little bit of popping. I think afer a tune there probably won't be any. The muffler shop only had enough pipe to give me turndowns right after the cab but later i'll probably extend them to the back ot the bed. Thanks guys!!!!

+ Reply to Thread