I am pretty close to having enough cash to start buying parts for my 14 bolt and 4L80 swap on my 07 RCSB. My truck has cal-tracs installed on it right now and from what I have been told I can keep the same set-up from the stock rear end and stick it onto the 14 bolt....
I have drums on my truck and I don't think I'd really NEED the disks...my truck stops just fine, and I don't ever really plan on towing with it.....I have the overload leafs out of it right now.....
I am going to put a TVS on the truck in the future once I am done with the trans and rear swap....so from what I understand I will really only need 3:73's in it and maybe a true-trac from what I keep seeing....

OK...here is my question....I just wanna know what you guys think about my choice for a rear end and if I am missing anything or not taking something into account....
I'm basically going to buy a rear end out of a 2wd silverado SS with drum brakes and 3:73 gears.....not sure what year would be the easiest year for me to swap....but thats why I am making this thread....just to make sure that things like the brake lines will bolt right up and I'd like to go with 1350 U-joints on the trans and the rear end with maybe a chopped suburban or 2500 driveshaft.....
Not really TOO sure on my driveshaft choice....but I wasn't really sure if I was just pissing money away by just having one made when I could chop and balance one out of a truck with 1350 joints on it already.....what do you guys think?

I will be putting the 80E in with a 2600-2800ish stall....I don't think that I'd need anything more than that....