+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 p1's or 1 p3s

2 p1's or 1 p3s

right now i have 2 p1 rf 12" 4ohm dvc's in a ported single cab truck box. it sounds great during rock and country but doesn't have the right note to hit with any rap. im not cutting the cab. would one p3s412 in a ported box sound better? i want it to sound like a suv/car but understand its not eay. btw its a p325.1 amp
    Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalms 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

what size is the p3s412? 10"?
    1996 gmc ext cab short bed
    6.6L 4l80e
    MY GARAGE

2000 Silverado ECSB- 5.3 CAI, Pacesetter LTs, ORY- Pipe, Magnaflow XL, E-fan, Ported T/B , Nelson Tuned, Built 4l60e, Circle D Stall, 3.42s G80, 2-4 Drop, Hertz Highs, Rockford 501s

2004 Buell XB12s

Quote Originally Posted by LamboDoNoMo View Post
    "Never give up, NEVER BACK DOWN!!!"

I take it that its a Shallow mount dual 4 ohm?

I have one for sale in the for sale section
    2000 Silverado ECSB- 5.3 CAI, Pacesetter LTs, ORY- Pipe, Magnaflow XL, E-fan, Ported T/B , Nelson Tuned, Built 4l60e, Circle D Stall, 3.42s G80, 2-4 Drop, Hertz Highs, Rockford 501s

2004 Buell XB12s

Quote Originally Posted by LamboDoNoMo View Post
    "Never give up, NEVER BACK DOWN!!!"

yep.
    Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

The shallow Rockfords are the best sounding shallows I have heard aside from the diamond shallows. If ported right it will sound way better than what you currently have. You aren't getting the range you want now because you are lacking airspace. There is barely airspace for two 10's. You wouldn't be in this position right now had you gone with 10's from the start. The only way to get your truck to sound like a SUV/hatchback is to put a bandpass box through the bed, which you said you don't want. The shallow 12 still might not be what you are looking for but you should have adequate airspace for one ported. You could probably even go with one of your p1's ported and sound way better than the two. I did 1 ported p1 10 on a p325.1 in a regular cab 05 once and it did good for what it was. Moral of the story is: to get the sound you want, you have to make sacrifices. You would never be disappointed with a bedcut, I promise. Just make sure the installer knows what they are doing if you ever decide to gothat route. I've seen some HACKED UP bedcuts.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

im not doing a bedcut. if i did id do it myself with one friend and it would be done right. not this truck. I have 2 10"cvr's i had in before but didn't like the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by kyhunter89 View Post
    im not doing a bedcut. if i did id do it myself with one friend and it would be done right. not this truck. I have 2 10"cvr's i had in before but didn't like the sound.
    I've never been a fan of kicker either. You might look into diamond audio. The 2 d310's in my black truck hit almost as loud and hard as my white truck. The white truck had a bandpass bedcut with 2 p2 12s. Or, I did a JL W1 13 in a ported box for a 05 reg cab once. That thing slams!
    Last edited by lo-lyf; 12-06-2009 at 08:15 PM.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)

name a sub under $250 that would be best in a reg cab truck. either 1 10" or 1 12".

id like to keep using the same amp.

Diamond d3

+ Reply to Thread