+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Kicker CVR: Sealed or ported?

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    Ported vs ported, the Type R is going to sound better and be louder.
    Maybe I can find someone to trade the CVR for a 3.73 gear set.
    '00 Silverado 4.8L (Gone)
    '11 Silverado 4.8L

Quote Originally Posted by RUFFNECK View Post
    ...First relieve the pressure before doin' that or else you will get a nasty squirt and may get in ur eye.

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    I wouldn't run RF subs, but would run the crap out of their older amps.
    I used to have a really simple system in an '87 Firebird that screamed. Just a Kenwood deck, Punch 150HD amp, and Kicker CTF Super Sport full-range box in the hatch. I ran the power from the deck to the B-pillar 6X9s(?). This had to be around 1990-91. It sure wouldn't win any SQ competitions (zero front soundstage), even back then, but it was really loud for the small interior space of the car.

Of course, my car was broken into eventually and the deck and amp stolen. The deck was nothing special, but I really miss that amp I spent 4 hours that night pacing back and forth in the same spot cooling off, and wouldn't let anyone near me for fear I'd clobber 'em just to be able to hit something.

I still had the box and put it into a '79 Mustang I had later. It actually fit, though it had to be cocked sideways about 30 degrees LOL. I let it go with the car when I sold it.

'02 Avalanche 1500 Z-71, BFG All-Terrains, K&N FIPK, Superchips tuner (Nelson eventually), 750-watt Alpine stereo W/ JL midgate Stealthbox.
    '88 Mustang GT, 400HP on motor, T-56 6-speed, 3.73s, 150HP NOS
    '89 K5 Blazer 1500, blown motor and transmission. Another project some year.
    '95 Polaris 600XCR snowmobile, pipes, heads, bored carbs.

CTF, now that's some old skool!

OP, sealed, minimum I wouild do is 1.50 per driver.
    2003 SLT Yukon, KMC SS 20's, Nitto 420, Flowmaster exhaust, Eibach 2/3 drop, HID's, AEM CAI , Custom Flames from Godspeed Customs, Corvette servo

+ Reply to Thread