+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My wife is cool...

hmmm... my wife probably woulda let the jack down so the truck crushes me lol

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    So the transmissions breaks, which means a bunch of out-of-pocket money. I know the whole performance thing takes it's toll on my wife and something breaking never helps matters. But she's always been really supportive.

Anyway, transmission breaks, I'm thinking great, now I have to explain why my Level 5 trans no longer works. She's very cool about it and understanding even though I know it's more financial stress.

So I'm laying under the truck the last two nights as time permits, working on getting the trans out.

She comes home today and asks me to go get some stuff out of the trunk. Open the trunk and there's a nice low profile creeper she got from Sears. Said she felt bad I had to lay on the cold ground and that hopefully I could use it when I was putting the trans back in.

Just wanted to share and say it's cool to have a way cool wife.

(oh and thanks for assisting her Mic)

That's great dude, you need to introduce her to my wife so maybe she wont jump down my throat anytime I wanna spend MY money on my truck. you're lucky man.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

does your wife have a sister?

Well first of all we don't believe in "my money" & "your money". We're in this thing (life) together and it's a joint effort to make things work. We share income, debt, etc. There are times when there's money to "play trucks" and there's time where there's no way I can. She's supportive when things are bad and I try and return the same to her.

And yes she has three sisters but they're either married or not looking.

My wife doesn't even work (as employment) but we don't have my or your money. We have our money.

dang it

Well I guess I'm just a jerk then. I do help her out a lot though. I just shelled out 2 grand to bail her out of her credit card debt. I told her I dont want her to pay me back but she insists on it. She is a pretty cool chick, I love her with all my heart. I just wish she wouldn't take it so hard when I want stuff for my baby. I think the main reason we have separate accounts is because of my poor money management skills, but I'm getting better. It doesn't help that I am wanting a new cam, rods, rockers, springs, and all of that stuff but I am getting scared to touch my savings. I have 2 months income saved up and I am the type of guy to spend it all if I'm not careful.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)

Definitely not saying you're a jerk. To each their own. Just makes more sense to me to deal with everything as a team...that way there's no finger-pointing when something goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Definitely not saying you're a jerk. To each their own. Just makes more sense to me to deal with everything as a team...that way there's no finger-pointing when something goes wrong.
    Ohh, I know. I was just kiddin'. We deal with everything as a team but we kinda have it split up. I pay mortgage, insurance, phones, dish, internet, and my truck and fuel. She pays for groceries, gas, water, her fuel, and electric. Her parents help her out on her car payment since she's still in school getting her teaching degree. She doesn't make much as a teacher's aide so I usually take care of the extras. We will have a better plan worked out when she graduates this fall, I can't wait. I'm ready to have more than 200 a month to set back. I say she isn't cool with me spending on the rides, but she kinda is. She just puts up a fight a lot of times but when it all comes down to it she lets me spend my money on what I want to spend it on. Just like I let her spend her's without even having any input from me.

+ Reply to Thread