+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: having trouble with my Nelson Harness

having trouble with my Nelson Harness

I am running an Efan / Harness from you guys. The truck was tuned by Blackbear. I recently had to change the Blower motor resistor and harness. I also changed the Relays in the fan harness. I am not getting power to either fan without the AC being on??? There is no general cooling fan coming on (when the Tstat opens). Anyone have any ideas? I am stumped.

ff_jeff Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 03 BlackoutSSS View Post
    I am running an Efan / Harness from you guys. The truck was tuned by Blackbear. I recently had to change the Blower motor resistor and harness. I also changed the Relays in the fan harness. I am not getting power to either fan without the AC being on??? There is no general cooling fan coming on (when the Tstat opens). Anyone have any ideas? I am stumped.
    call your tuner.

why do you say that? you think its a computer problem? I am starting to think so as well, but I have no real foundation...can you inform me?

ff_jeff Guest
    I would think that the person who tuned the PCM might have better insight into the the problem. It may not be the tune, but talking to him, and touching base will help you narrow it down.

try grounding the green then the blue trigger wires and see if the fans come on. If they do then you have a tune issue. The PCM has to be setup to trigger the fans and the temps to turn on/off have to be set.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    try grounding the green then the blue trigger wires and see if the fans come on. If they do then you have a tune issue. The PCM has to be setup to trigger the fans and the temps to turn on/off have to be set.
    Thanks, this helps me out also. But I have a Nelson tune.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

Did you tell him to turn the fans on in the tune? Its not an automatic thing he does. If he tuned it before you installed the relays he most likely did not turn them on.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

I bought the fan harness and got the tune the same day. But If they need to be turned on I am close enough to his shop to get it taken care of.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

Have you tried grounding the leads yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    Have you tried grounding the leads yet?
    No, that is next. I was unaware you could do that. Also chasing some other gremlins.
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

+ Reply to Thread