+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New guy from 10-uh-see

New guy from 10-uh-see

Hey guys, I'm Tiny, I'm 26 and I'm a fireman/owner of a small sign company here in TN. I've been trolling around here and FSC.com for a couple of weeks reading and collecting information. I own a 2000 Chevy Silverado ECSB 4.3/Auto (4L60E?), that is my daily driver. I've owned and modified quite a few Chevys, but my current project is the first time I've swapped in a late model motor into one of them.

My current project is a 1986 C10 Stepside 2wd. It was originally a 4.3/Auto. I am the second owner. The first was the local power company that used it as a meter reading truck. I bought it from them with 42k original miles, and have started swapping in a 5.3/4L60E from a 2002 Chevy truck. I've installed a new gas tank from LMC, a 255 Walbro, S&P motor mounts, and stock Camaro SS manifolds. I'm using a modified harness and PCM that was modded by LT1350.com. I sanded and painted the chassis with POR15 coating and installed all new bushings. Once the motor is completed, I'll be starting on the paint work, then the interior, then the turbo..... My dad and I will be performing the majority of the mods, in my shop behind my house.

I've also owned a 1983 C10 that was lowered 5/5, on 20x8.5 and 20x10 Coys C5's. It was flat army green with stock gray interior, and a few subtle body mods. It was a 305/Auto. It was a restoration project for my dad and I. It was on the 2008 Hot Rod Power Tour, Cruisin' the Coast, and several other events. I have since de-modded it, and sold the truck. I kept the wheels, lowering kit, dash pad, bench seat, headliner, and a few other things that I will be installing in/on the '86 stepside.

I've attached a couple of pictures for ya'll to see of the '86 Stepside. You can disregard the plate in the back window of the Stepside. It was from the bagged 96, and I just stuck it in there as a joke, lol.

You guys and gals have been very helpful so far and I look forward to learning more and more from ya'll!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Tiny; 10-31-2008 at 07:41 AM.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, its the ability to put your gear on and face the flames. This is not a game."

2001 Silverado ECSB - 4.3, 4L60E, K&N Drop in, 7" CST on 285/70/16's.
    2001 GMC Sierra C3 AWD - Level'd up, 285/70/17, 6000k HID's, Kenwood Nav, K&N FIPK II, Flowmasters, & Stage III Hypertech. - TVS 2300 coming soon.

Welcome!

Diggin' your rides!
    Gone, but not forgotten!

Welcome.

Welcome to LS1truck Tiny! An oxymoron to your name maybe? Same thing SC's mom calls me...TINY..cause it is the EXACT oppostie! hehe Anyway--nice set of vehicles you've had. I think I remember seeing the 98 excab in SportTruck. NICE!
    Wow, the 86 swap looks like it is going well...and that you've got most of the major things done...F-body manifolds, motor mounts, and the motor dropped in. How is the 4L60e crossmember looking? You gunna have to fab up an new one? And the driveshaft--you gunna have to have a custom one made?

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

Any oxymoron? Yup. I'm 6'7" 280lbs, lol.

My dad and I fabbed up the 4L60E crossmember, and it looks decent. I'll snap some pics when I get a chance.

I'm not really sure about the driveshaft yet. I haven't gotten that far. It looks like the stock one may work, but I'm still not sure at this point.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I appreciate them.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, its the ability to put your gear on and face the flames. This is not a game."

2001 Silverado ECSB - 4.3, 4L60E, K&N Drop in, 7" CST on 285/70/16's.
    2001 GMC Sierra C3 AWD - Level'd up, 285/70/17, 6000k HID's, Kenwood Nav, K&N FIPK II, Flowmasters, & Stage III Hypertech. - TVS 2300 coming soon.

Welcome to the site! Our second FF that I know of...Nice lookin' trucks you got there!

07 Z71 4x4, 6.0L, 3.73s, Turbonetics T76 @ 10 psi, 75 shot, Snow meth kit, PLX DM-100 wideband gauge, Nelson tune, Comp 212/216 .557/.561 114 lsa, 60# injectors, Yank 3000, 4L80E , Magnaflow - dumped, e-cutout
    Line-X, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit bedcover

damn this is getting to be one popular swap!!!!

i knew i should have kept the 84!!!!

nice trucks!!!!
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by txarkitekt View Post
    Same thing SC's mom calls me...TINY..cause it is the EXACT oppostie!
    Are you talking about your bald spot???

Welcome Tiny!
    Those rides are something else for sure. I really wish I still had my '73 and swapped a 6.0 into it. Stupid drivers with out insurance/license's!!!
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by txarkitekt View Post
    Welcome to LS1truck Tiny! An oxymoron to your name maybe? Same thing SC's mom calls me...TINY..cause it is the EXACT oppostie! hehe Anyway--nice set of vehicles you've had. I think I remember seeing the 98 excab in SportTruck. NICE!
    Wow, the 86 swap looks like it is going well...and that you've got most of the major things done...F-body manifolds, motor mounts, and the motor dropped in. How is the 4L60e crossmember looking? You gunna have to fab up an new one? And the driveshaft--you gunna have to have a custom one made?
    Oxy...ummm NO

Moron...You are dead nuts on.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

Welcome man! Give me a shout if you need a hand with anything!
    02 Silverado ECSB 5.3L
    14.6@93mph first time out with currrent mods
    Installed: TR224 114lsa, hi-techs, 918s, Ti Retainers, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Alt Pulley, 180* Thermostat, K&N filter, Hacked Box, MIT, Jantzer Ported TB, Pacesetter Longtubes, ORY, Flowmaster, LS1 Fans, Bulit 4l60e, 3.73s, BlackBear Tune
    In the Mail: New BB tune!
    To be ordered:YANK/PI converter, Tru-Trac, Caltracs

+ Reply to Thread