+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Billet Servo Installation

I am thinking about doing this servo swap but am a little hesitant because of the potential problems. My truck has 109K on the clock and afraid that this swap will cause some serious damage. What do yall think?

99 silverado, 4WD, Reg cab, SWB, 5.3, 4 wheel disc, magnaflow, K&N, hypertech PP3

put the Corvette servos in. These billets will probably kill a trans with that many miles on it. The Corvette servos can be purchased for under $30 most any place and will work just fine on a stock setup. If you later have a trans built for performance, then have the billets put in or just stick with the Corvette servos.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Cool man. Im going to be doing the throttle body bypass and corvette servos on thurs. Thanks.

99 silverado, 4WD, Reg cab, SWB, 5.3, 4 wheel disc, magnaflow, K&N, hypertech PP3

the servo is a great upgrade but I wouldn't worry about the bypass. the perofrmance gain isn't enough to be worth the cold start problems.
    '00 Silverado 4.8L (Gone)
    '11 Silverado 4.8L

Quote Originally Posted by RUFFNECK View Post
    ...First relieve the pressure before doin' that or else you will get a nasty squirt and may get in ur eye.

+1

well I live in Texas so cold starts wont be a problem. plus i figure with all the 5/16 hardline i have at hand, why not? I mean I dont have the money for an aftermarket throttle body. Serving the public just doesnt pay....

With this Corvette servo, should I get the kit with the longer pin/shaft or should the stock pin/shaft work? Reason I ask is because I found a kit with the servo and o-rings for $15. The complete kit I found was about $45.

with the corvette servo there is no reason to replace the pin.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Corvette servo, best $30 I ever spent. Thanks for the help guys.

99 silverado, 4WD, Reg cab, SWB, 5.3, 4 wheel disc, magnaflow, K&N CAI, hypertech PP3, corvette servo.

Spam^^^^
    "ALisSa1 Silverado"
    1990 Chevrolet RCSB 2002 Chevrolet Camaro LS1/4L60E
    Scrimpin Ain't Easy
    ( . Y . )

+ Reply to Thread