+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Building a swap harness, some questions

Building a swap harness, some questions

Im working on the harness to put a 5.3 in my 89 K1500 in my sig. Its a stock 06 harness I've been modifying.

I've gotten all the evap, a/c, O2 sensors, MAF, oil level sensor, and anything else Im not using out of it.

Now Im going through the Alldata printout stuff I have and Im at pin 13 on the blue connector. Its "Requested Torque Signal" and it leads to a plug that has probably 7 or 9 other wires and would plug into the body harness on the 06 truck.

I have no idea what that is or what I need to do with it.

Im sure there will be more I need help with so I'll keep this thread updated. But if someone that has built a harness could chime in it would be greatly appreciated!

Is it a grey/black striped wire? It may be going to the transfer case, if it is grey.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    Is it a grey/black striped wire? It may be going to the transfer case, if it is grey.
    its orange with a black stripe.

It doesnt go to the transfer case, that would be in the engine harness. This start at the PCM but goes to a connector under where the factory fuse block would be. Within 12 inches of the PCM. I could get a pic of the connector if it would help.

BTW this is a 2wd harness. my truck has floor shift 4wd, Im not using any 4wd stuff in the harness. Just the one speed sensor at the back of the transfer case I will hook into the harness.

Im also doing a 06 cluster in it. Theres a few vehicle speed signal pins on the pcm, 49 and 50 on the green connector. Not sure what to use for the gauge cluster.
    Last edited by 1989k1500; 11-23-2010 at 09:58 PM.

As far as I know the Requested Torque Signal (Orange with Black stripe) is part of the harness for the Electronic Brake Control Module (EBCM). There is also a corresponding Delivered Torque Signal (Tan with Black stripe) that goes to pin 5 of the Green connector. Neither one should be needed to run the engine.

Awesome, thanks man. I just didnt wanna hook this all up and have it not shift or something because of that thing. lol

The Requested Torque Signal says NW7 next to it, after some googling it looks like thats for traction control.

+ Reply to Thread