+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fremasson - what are you filling bottles with?

Fremasson - what are you filling bottles with?

Heh, dont say N20!

From one of your previous posts I think you are filling your own bottles. Did you buy a filling station or do you have another setup?

He and I both bought the large size 200 bottles from our local Airgas agents and are filling our own bottles. I myself toss the bottle in the freezer overnight and draw about 6 lbs in, toss it back in and the next day top off the 10 lbs using nothing more than a -4 hose and 660 bottle nipple on the mother bottle. I use a simple bathroom scale to check weights. The mother bottle holds about 58 lbs of liquid, so you get almost 6 refills per mother bottle. I go through two bottles per night at the track.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

he is filling his own...you dont need a filling station, if you get the main bottle hot and the smaller bottle nice and frozen then it will easily suck up all the nitrous you want it to, when i went to fill my bottle at the performance shop i would leave a little left in there before i would go in turn the bottle upside down and open it up and the bottle would basically freeze, i could get 12-13lbs without the filling station
    2006 silverado SS....Clifford Jr...turbo coming soon
    1970 Chevelle ly6 swap....d1 coming soon

LOL same answer at the same time....
    Vortec Performance Tuned
    LQ9 built 4L60 LTs and a billion miles on the speedo!

Same here back in the day. Leave the last pound or two in it before filling then expel it to freeze the bottle. Fills to 11-12 pounds. The thing that got my last N2O motor was then leaving a 10 lb bottle with 12 lbs in it in the sun all day before wrapping it in a trench coat to hold the heat in....LOL

do any of you have a link to the mother bottle adapter?

its a 660 to -4AN adapter available through any nitrous vendor, Jegs or SummitRacing.com . Get siphon type bottles that stand up when filling, not the ones you have to invert. You could use a -6AN, also, if that the the size line you're going to be running.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    its a 660 to -4AN adapter available through any nitrous vendor, Jegs or SummitRacing.com . Get siphon type bottles that stand up when filling, not the ones you have to invert. You could use a -6AN, also, if that the the size line you're going to be running.

Is it a regular bottle nut adapter? Would someone mind linking me up I am having trouble finding it.

Thank you sir!

+ Reply to Thread