+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loose sounding noise from the stearing column???

Loose sounding noise from the stearing column???

What's that loose sounding noise from my stearing column???
    It's a 2006 SSS and at lo lo speed there is a clunk you can feel in your hands like the box is loose???
    Any else get that sensation???

loose steering column collapsable joint. Thats been a weak link. I believe GM has a TSB about it.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by polymolybad**** View Post
    What's that loose sounding noise from my stearing column???
    It's a 2006 SSS and at lo lo speed there is a clunk you can feel in your hands like the box is loose???
    Any else get that sensation???
    i had that problem in my 06rcsb sierra, i drove it to my friends camp and broke my intermediate stering shaft, they are made to collapse in an accident i was told, i think i just hit the trails to hard. that could possibly be your problem.

intermediate shaft...
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

saratoga springs ,new york {upstate ,adirondacks }
    mine was the intermediate shaft.did it from about 10k.get uner it and watch it wile someone moves the wheel,youlle see it popping like a knuckle .if not then its the steering joint .ooh the intermediate is in the middle under the front of the truck,fyi,lol
    mods:2004 sierra ext sb,20s ,big brake kit w,hawk pads,air bagged,2006 6.0 lq4 swap,vortec supercharged10psi, air to water intercooled w/ dual electric fans on it ,snow meth injection kit,60lbers, e-fans ,big radiator swap ,cam 218 /222 548/550 comp .hardened prs .1.85 comp roller rockers ,guideplates ,crane double springs,trans 4l65e built .pacesetter l/ts true duals w/x pipe and magnaflows,14 bolt rearend swap ,3.73s,aroemotive fuel pump system w/elec.fuel controller and bypass regulator a/n fittings, taylor 10.5s interceptor gauge,aem w/b a/f ,autometer boost/vac NELSON 93 OCTANE TUNED .

i got mine fixed right when the recall came out

+ Reply to Thread