+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Accessory Drives

Accessory Drives

I am in the process of collecting parts as they come along. (Meaning Cheap) For a 98 GMC RCSB 2WD 5.0L Vortec. I built a homemade twin turbo setup for it that I am very happy with, but I am thinking about a front mount twin turbo 6.0L I would like to use flipped exhaust manifolds. What I am wondering about is the Corvette or F-Body accessory drive setup. Since I have No accessory drive at this time--What should I go for? I like the Corvette setup the best, because it sits 1 inch closer to the engine than the F-Body. But, I am not sure if flipped Exh. manifolds clear one drive setup better than the other. I figure this is the place for the best info.

I kind of thought the corvette manifolds would be best since they're center dumps. That will allow you to move the turbos in the middle of the engine bay. The driver side of the front of the engine is busy with the power steering or alternator depending which setup you decide to go with.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Thanks for the heads up on the Corvette Exh. manifolds. I will check into those. What about the accessory drives? Turbos or not, If you were starting from scratch which one would you go for and why?

Corvette or Fbody because they use the smallest diameter crank pulley. I'm liking the look of the Corvette setup, it's similar to a truck's. Others, feel free to chime in here, what you y'all like?
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

+ Reply to Thread