+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ss emblems or not

Ok guys I got some factory ss emblems for the new ss's. Should I put them on my truck or not? Hey and how do I get one of the ls1truck stickers I see you guys with.

While I am posting something, do the 5.3 liter heads flow better thenthe ls1 heads if so how much? Is it worth the swap....I am getting ready to do a cam and will prolly port and polish the ls1 heads....what about the 4.8's i still got those!!

As far as the sticker you can get one from Nelson Performance. Just ask Allen. He is under farmtruc. The SS emblems would look good as long as your truck is totally debaged and dont get carried away with them. Just my taste though.
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado, 4.8L, K&N polished intake, 4.10 gears, 20x9 KMC SS on front, 22x10 on rear, Dual style pillar gauges, steel cowl hood, 2" rear drop shackles, true duals w/IMCO extreme mufflers w/dumps at rear end, SLP headers. Cam and nelson tune soon to come!!!!!

Email Lisa@nelsonperformance.com and send her your request for the LS1truck.com sticker. Be sure to include your mail address information.

http://forum.ls1truck.com/index.php?s=&amp...ost&p=71089
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blackdog &#064; Feb 3 2007, 02&#58;26 AM) [snapback]82070[/snapback]</div>
    As far as the sticker you can get one from Nelson Performance. Just ask Allen. He is under farmtruc. The SS emblems would look good as long as your truck is totally debaged and dont get carried away with them. Just my taste though.
    [/b]

Yea as you can see, the truck has no moldings, no badges, no anything on the body, I just painted it recently. The emblems I have are for the driver and passenger side and one for the tailgate just like the silverado ss. Just not sure if it would be tacky havin emblems on soething that isnt an ss......even though it is what it is&#33;

i recently read about this on another site i belong to, its silveradoss.com and they dont like the idea of having ss emblems on a none ss truck. i asked because i am doing a ss clone and asked if they would look good. most said yes but some said no. but its your truck do what you want. imo i wouldnt because you dont have anything done to make it look like a ss. i decided against putting them on mine becasue it isnt a true "SS" . but do what you want. and also if you want to sell them you can make some good money on those alot of people will pay good for those, if they are factory

I used &#39;em to complete my 4 do&#39; clone&#33;
    2013 2wd Z71 6.2 crew cab

Old Truck: '04 Chevy crew cab stroked/bored 6.0 to 408ci. forged internals, patriot 68cc stage 3 heads (11.1:1cr), comp 244/246 .600 115lsa cam, 3000 yank tc, built 4L60E, walbro 255, 60# mototron injectors, pacesetter lt's 4" single no-cat exhaust

best time 12.93 1/4 mi @ 103 in the turbo truck.

1968 Camaro Convertible, super sweet!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(carfreak07 &#064; Feb 3 2007, 09&#58;18 AM) [snapback]82094[/snapback]</div>
    Yea as you can see, the truck has no moldings, no badges, no anything on the body, I just painted it recently. The emblems I have are for the driver and passenger side and one for the tailgate just like the silverado ss. Just not sure if it would be tacky havin emblems on soething that isnt an ss......even though it is what it is&#33;
    [/b]
    keep the truck hairless, it looks great my vote no badges
    DD: 2008 TB LS
    2005 Silverado VHO

They don&#39;t add any HP and only lead to excuses as to why the other car/truck got their butts handed to them. Leave them guessing.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedHeartbeat &#064; Feb 3 2007, 06&#58;58 PM) [snapback]82159[/snapback]</div>
    They don&#39;t add any HP and only lead to excuses as to why the other car/truck got their butts handed to them. Leave them guessing.
    [/b]
    Yea ,make it a sleeper and order some old school V6 emblems from stylin. That&#39;ll mess em up.LOL
    2000 Chevrolet Silverado, 4.8L, K&N polished intake, 4.10 gears, 20x9 KMC SS on front, 22x10 on rear, Dual style pillar gauges, steel cowl hood, 2" rear drop shackles, true duals w/IMCO extreme mufflers w/dumps at rear end, SLP headers. Cam and nelson tune soon to come!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread