+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 4l60e transgo hd-3 manual valve body ??

4l60e transgo hd-3 manual valve body ??

Alright well since I'm a total idiot and can't get the transmission wired up right, I am interested in doing a full manual swap to the valve body. It's a 2004 4l60e, I have been trying to find a pdf to see what's involved and have had no luck. If it's too hard then I will just have it professionally done, anybody ever done one on here?? Any pdf's of manuals I can download to look at it?? Thanks for any help!!!

why is the trans so hard to wire up if your using a full harness?
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

The engine is a 2000 Camaro, and the truck is an 04' Colorado. The transmission is the Colorado transmission with LS1 converter, input shaft, front pump so basically it's a bastard transmission. Both vehicles have the same 13 pin plug, BUT the PNP switch is all messed up. The Camaro has a pnp switch mounted on the shifter, and the Colorado PNP switch is mounted on the side of the transmission. Main problem is the trans. range signal wires, I have researched and have found all kinds of posts of people asking about it but no answers that helped me. Colorado has Range A, B, C, and P, Camaro has Range A, B, C. While both vehicles have those wires in the 13 pin plug, the Colorado also has the wires in the PNP switch. We have no gears at all!!! I used my scanner to command gears, and It keeps saying the transmission is in gear, can't get it to go into P/N. We unhooked the transmission lines and started it to make sure the front pump was working and it was definately working. (fluid shot about 10 foot under the truck) I have been to transmission shops, chevy dealer and they both told me If I unplugged the 13 pin plug and it made a change in gear read on the scanner then It was an electrical. Hooked up it showed 3rd, unhooked it showed 4th. Also problems with the VSS, we dropped the pan today and checked the TFP manual switch as well, It checked out okay as well. No pinched wires, no metal shavings, fluid is like new.

I honestly am burned out on this swap, everyday for the last 7 months is wearing on me. Didn't want to start a thread about it, but I had to ask about the manual valve body though. I will entertain any ideas??

why couldnt you of just used a truck trans and harness then?

why not just use a factory colorado v8 harness?
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Honestly I can't answer those questions.....
    I thought I knew more than I actually do about the swap, I knew the "right" way to do it but I did not have the money to do it that way. All the LS swaps in Colorado's you will see have E40 ECM's and newer (05+ engines), here where I live it would have cost me an easy $8,000 just for the engine and accessories to make this work. I just ordered the manual valve body it should be here by friday.

If I were to do it I would have used the Camaro PCM and wired the PCM in stand alone mode. Do you have to pass emissions with the truck in your location? The transmission will be controlled by the Camaro PCM, 1999-2002 model 411 code PCM and you're golden.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    If I were to do it I would have used the Camaro PCM and wired the PCM in stand alone mode. Do you have to pass emissions with the truck in your location? The transmission will be controlled by the Camaro PCM, 1999-2002 model 411 code PCM and you're golden.
    That is exactly what I did!!! The funny thing is I basically wired it how somebody with say a 70' Chevelle would have done, that's why this has me baffled. No emissions for me thankfully, eveyone else messing with this swap is screwing with the BCM and all that and I figured I would keep it stand alone. The Colorado wiring is very unique, compared to say my Silverado or S10. I can't say I haven't tried, 100's of hours in wiring diagrams and research at least. My brain is fried, I appreciate the comments though.

Did you set the PRNDL use option off in the tune?
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    Did you set the PRNDL use option off in the tune?
    No I didn't???? Oh s***, could this be the problem??? Now you have me wondering, I haven't bought the valve body kit yet. I am going to try it tomorrow, god I hope that works!!!

Update:

I turned the prndl to OFF, put the transmission back together filled it back up and started the truck. It showed P/N which we never had before, I got all excited and then nothing happened. We tried all gears and nothing no movement, unplugged VSS, then unplugged P/N switch, then unplugged all 3 and had nothing!! Right now we are convinced it's mechanical, so my boyfriend is dropping the transmission as we speak. We are taking it back to transmission shop who worked on it before, they think it's a problem with the valve body as well. Here goes more money!!

Thanks Redheartbeat for the suggestion, you tought me something new.

+ Reply to Thread