+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SECURITY PROBLEMS WITH COMPUTER

Arrow

INSTALLED A LS1 INTO 89 CHEVY TRUCK AND THE COMPUTER WILL LET IT START BUT IT RUNS FOR ABOUT 3 SECONDS AND THE COMPUTER SECURITY SYSTEM KICKS IN AND SHUTS THE TRUCK OFF DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX OR BYPASS THE PROBLEM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redline &#064; Jun 22 2006, 04&#58;28 PM) [snapback]56023[/snapback]</div>
    INSTALLED A LS1 INTO 89 CHEVY TRUCK AND THE COMPUTER WILL LET IT START BUT IT RUNS FOR ABOUT 3 SECONDS AND THE COMPUTER SECURITY SYSTEM KICKS IN AND SHUTS THE TRUCK OFF DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX OR BYPASS THE PROBLEM
    [/b]

Yep, get a tuner such as Allen at NelsonPerformance.com to turn the VATS off. While you are at it, get a basic performance tune, also. He can also turn off all unnecessary items like rear O2 sensors, EGR and any emissions items that you don&#39;t have installed in your conversion.

If you know someone with a TechII they may be able to turn the VATS off if you have your OBDII plug wired in correctly.

If you know someone with HPTuners software for your year PCM then they can turn it off for you. New Mexico is a bit out of most of our areas.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

if you swaped in the same year steering column as the computer than you can program the vats with a tech 2 . some alarm systems that have remote starts come with a vats simulator to let the engine start without the key, that might work good, the easy way would be send the pcm to allen to have it tuned, it will sure run great after you get it back, pluss no extra wire, and the check engine will work right insted of being on all the time, so you will know when something is going wrong.
    38" swampers, 350 tbi, 14 bolt rear, 10 bolt front

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redline &#064; Jun 22 2006, 03&#58;28 PM) [snapback]56023[/snapback]</div>
    [/b]

had the same problem in my 2000 pickup when i installed an ls1 and I just done as they said, had a programmer remove the vats system. although my security light stays on in mine now, that stinks so i am going to take my keys to gm and have them set and then try to enable the vats once again, hope that works

+ Reply to Thread