+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dash Kit

Dash Kit

Do any of you all know of a good single din recessed dash kit? I found the Metra 99-2009 that looks good. Anyone use this? I have the 99-3301 in there and the volume knob on my new radio damn near hits the shift lever in park. Sticks out waaaay too far.

are you talking about the kit that adapts an aftermarket headunit? if so i got one from crutchfield and it looks good. In-dash Receiver Kit Fits select 1995-up Cadillac, Chevy, and GMC models Chassis sizes S & E at Crutchfield.com

R.I.P Blue '02
    '08 - 5.3
    Vette Servo, Flowmaster 40

you need to be careful with it going in TOO far. My old pioneer unit wouldnt fit at all, and my alpine hangs out a lil. The ones that hang out to the shifter, is for clearance in the back.

I'm sure you could modify the cavity to make it work, but i never looked into it.
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by oleshifty View Post
    you need to be careful with it going in TOO far. My old pioneer unit wouldnt fit at all, and my alpine hangs out a lil. The ones that hang out to the shifter, is for clearance in the back.

I'm sure you could modify the cavity to make it work, but i never looked into it.

Looks like depth is 6 1/8. Think that would work?

don't forget about RCA's and other wires
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by oleshifty View Post
    don't forget about RCA's and other wires
    Yeah there should be plenty of room back there. I'm going to swap them tonight. I will report back in the AM. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Smoker_98; 08-21-2009 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetersaurous View Post
    are you talking about the kit that adapts an aftermarket headunit? if so i got one from crutchfield and it looks good. In-dash Receiver Kit Fits select 1995-up Cadillac, Chevy, and GMC models Chassis sizes S & E at Crutchfield.com
    I've used that kit in hundreds upon hundreds of 95-02 gm trucks and SUVs and have never had any fitment issues with the radio in furthermost recessed position. I've hooked up radios with aux cables, external components, 3 or more sets of rcas. The trick is to tuck back any wires into the crevices as you slide the radio in. The only vehicles that have given me any issue as far as depth are the obs trucks but with the right fenagling they fit good.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

Still unsure what a DIN is or how many I have but my radio sounds OK to me.

Not sure the actual meaning of "DIN" but it's a size thing, your regular aftermarket head unit is a Single DIN, then there's DIN and a half, Double DIN.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Deutsches Institut fur Normung. Its a german standard later adopted by the ISO

google rocks
    01 ecsb 5.3 4x4 z71
    Avalanche 17s and a pant load of miles

61 Corvette
    350, 4 speed, 4.56's

32 Ford 4 door sedan
    keeping it "stockish"

+ Reply to Thread