+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Running Aux In

Running Aux In

I was wondering if there is a way for me to wire some RCA cables or a 3.5 jack into my OE head unit. I have an '02 and it has a stand-alone tape player in the center console area. the stereo also has a 9 pin cd changer port on the back of it.

R.I.P Blue '02
    '08 - 5.3
    Vette Servo, Flowmaster 40

just go to your local stereo shop and ask for a line level converter - ties into speaker wire outputs and coverts that high level signal to a low level signal so you can run rca cables
    5.3L, duals with Thrush, k&N, vette servo, 202/210 .500/.500 @ 116lsa cam

Quote Originally Posted by chevytech777 View Post
    just go to your local stereo shop and ask for a line level converter - ties into speaker wire outputs and coverts that high level signal to a low level signal so you can run rca cables
    i already have one of those. but thats for running audio out. i want to wire up audio in. so i can hook up my mp3 to the radio

R.I.P Blue '02
    '08 - 5.3

PAC Part Number: AAI-GM9 should take care of you. It's for GM vehicles and you can add the following:

The AAI-GM9 allows direct interface of any preamp level audio source to a GM factory radio with a slave unit, eliminating the need for sound degrading solutions like an FM modulator. The AAI-GM9 interface inputs sources from units such as a DVD, VCP, MP3, Satellite Radio or Play Station.• OnStar Ready! When OnStar is initiated, the auxiliary audio inputs are automatically overridden to allow the OnStar audio to be heard.
    • Lower cost and higher quality sound than a FM modulator.
    • Comes with a three position switch which allows you to switch between two auxiliary inputs and the factory slave unit.
    • High quality audio isolation IC eliminates engine noise.
    • Internal CMOS electronic switching for long term reliability.
    • Completely plug & play. Requires no external wiring.Requirements: The sedan, truck or SUV must have a separate working slave unit which uses the GM 9 pin connector (1995-2002 vehicles).
    Slave unit examples are: external CD changer, cassette player and/or single CD player.

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/images/aai-gm9.jpg
    </SPAN>

97 GMC, 2002 LS6.

1991 GMC Syclone #1428

I have that PAC unit on mine and it works great! The one I have doesn't have the slave unit.
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

ahh, nuff of this factory nonsense, go aftermarket, better sound, and almost every manufacturer has aux ins. JVC has aux in on just about every model, even the $129 model, and they aren't too bad for an entry level radio.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by lo-lyf View Post
    ahh, nuff of this factory nonsense, go aftermarket, better sound, and almost every manufacturer has aux ins. JVC has aux in on just about every model, even the $129 model, and they aren't too bad for an entry level radio.
    i would go aftermarket but i dont wanna change the factory interior look

R.I.P Blue '02
    '08 - 5.3

Quote Originally Posted by jetersaurous View Post
    i would go aftermarket but i dont wanna change the factory interior look
    Same here!
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

Well in that case, the PAC piece works great. I installed many of them in my days. I only did a few in the pre-03 trucks and SUVs but the quality of product is the same. A must have if you aren't wanting to lose the factory radio.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

+ Reply to Thread