+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sound Deadning

Does anyone know of any cheaper ways to do it besides dynomat or some cheaper form of it, im planning and doing the whole inside of the truck eventaully to try and quiet things up some but im on a budget so any help would be appriciated
    1999 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab, True Dual Flowmasters with X-Pipe, True Flow Intake, MSD 8.5 Superconductor wires, 180 Thermo, TB Bypass, Optima Battery, Synthetic All the way around
    http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...7787/Truck.jpg

Theres another company called Ramm mat. That spelling might be off. Do a search online. Seems like it was 50% cheaper than dynamat. same shit though.
    2013 2wd Z71 6.2 crew cab

Old Truck: '04 Chevy crew cab stroked/bored 6.0 to 408ci. forged internals, patriot 68cc stage 3 heads (11.1:1cr), comp 244/246 .600 115lsa cam, 3000 yank tc, built 4L60E, walbro 255, 60# mototron injectors, pacesetter lt's 4" single no-cat exhaust

best time 12.93 1/4 mi @ 103 in the turbo truck.

1968 Camaro Convertible, super sweet!

Some of the guys are using a water heater blanket to cut up and use for sound material. It looks silver on the outside with some bubble material inside. I guess kind of like a windshield sunshade. Lowes had it here.
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

What sts said. RAAMmat is probably the best valued stuff out there. That is what I am going with. Dynamat is the shiznits but you pay out yang for it. Do a search for Sounddeadner showdown. The guy did a comparison of the 3-4 major brands and their 2-3 products. The test included heat resistance, adhesive strength and shipping to various parts of the US. It was a very good write up. One thing the article said was to stay away from asphalt based products due to lack of heat resistance and chemical breakdown of the asphalt.

Another thing that helps is to fill the pillars at the rear window with "Great Stuff" expanding foam.
    '02 Silverado Z-71, STS Turbo @ 10psi, TRT Custom FMIC, Comp 222/218/115 cam, Patriot Gold Dual Springs, Hardened Push Rods, 60# injectors, 160 Thermo, FAL E-Fans, Nelson Harness, Yank 2600, Built Rock On VacMod 60E Transmission,Walbro 255 fuel pump, ASP Underdrive pulleys, Gibson Shorty Headers all polished up with a Nelson Street Tune

I used FatMat... same idea as dynamat... $100 worth will do the entire interior of a regular cab just about twice. My truck is more than 40 yrs old and wasn't exactly soundproofed from the factory. This stuff made a huge difference in noise and heat reduction.

I got it on Ebay.

1965 C-10 shortbed stepside, 2003 5.3/4L60E conversion. Power steering, tilt wheel, power front disc brakes, 3.73 one wheel peel, 2.5/4 inch drop, relocated fuel tank and battery, 2002 Silverado buckets and console. Swap Pics
    1968 Camaro 95LT1/4L60E lots o' mods Web Page
    1961 Corvette project.......... C-4 suspension and brakes, 02 LS1/T-56 awaiting installation Pics

^^^^ yeah thats what i was gonna say check ebay for fat mat they have bulk packs and somtimes you can get a good price
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    lol...I wish you would never paint your truck...I bet it bugs them that much more that a primered up truck just soggied his Wheaties. good job buddy
    sprayedenali: i like catching, but not fishing
    DBTBSS: bring Tyler... we need someone to make fun of
    MidnightRider: your right im gay
    DamnYankee: my nana failed
    DamnYankee: confused...if it can't keep up to begin with, how can it keep up
    mitch cobb racing: ya, allen played with it for a while, HUGE difference

You can use spray in bedliner materials also. Take it naked down to the rhino liner shop and have it sprayed anywhere you want quiet.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Thanks i just found out too fatmat is what one of my buddies used for his truck and it was about 100 for the whole thing but im gonna check the rammmatt and compare the prices
    1999 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab, True Dual Flowmasters with X-Pipe, True Flow Intake, MSD 8.5 Superconductor wires, 180 Thermo, TB Bypass, Optima Battery, Synthetic All the way around
    http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q...7787/Truck.jpg

+ Reply to Thread