+ Reply to Thread

Thread: truck wont crank

truck wont crank

all the starter does is click just put a new one on today and same thing.

battery
    cjriojas:if you're weather man is a 5 gallon bucket, YOUUUUUUUUUUU might be a redneck
    danger_ranger83: I see now why it cost so much to get a harness made... FML
    2boostedSilverado: I like Casey's rear end, I want to chat with him about it

Could have gotten a brand new bad battery. But make sure your connections are clean and the cables themselves are in good shape at the connections.

battery isw charged and good. right now it is at my gfs house it started today ran fine . then shut it off and it is doing the same thing again. so i dont know on that problem. pulled my num,ber 7 plug cause i had a miss fire on that cylinder and the plug tip was gone.

I had a similar situation on my 2003 Chevy Suburban 2500. It turned out to be three faulty ground connections on the chassis, that would provide
    inadequate grounding for the BCM. The grounds were located at: one in front on the driver's side chassis - behind the bumper - in line with the
    tow hook. The two others were located on the chassis >>drivers side>>just aft of the wheel well at the chassis/body support bracket. After cleaning off
    the rust and coating the contact points with silver paste, the truck would start.
    Good luck and write of your outcome.

The positive cable may not be making a good connection if you hear the starter click and nothing else that would definately make me suspect the positive that goes to the starter from the junction near the alternator. The grounds could be a prob as well but unless you performed work that required you to remove them it is unlikely that they have become loose on their own.

decibles is right. the click your hearing is your solenoid going in and out from ur ignition voltage to the small wire. your big positive cable is probably green with corrosion around where the end is crimped on.

I agree, weak cable connection.
    RUN WAT U BRUNG!!!!

+ Reply to Thread