+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nitrous? stock 5.3

Nitrous? stock 5.3

Ive got a stock 5.3 in my 01 silverado with bolt on's. I've got a zex wet kit from my 2000 mustang gt. Does anyone know where a kit usually gets fuel from on the ls style engines? Can i just take my bleeder valve out and screw the nitrous line straight onto the fuel rail?

Im looking to do a 150 shot. Do you think the stock fuel pump will support it? Also does anyone know what size injectors i have/need?
    And also, whats the max i should spray on my stock fuel setup?
    Cody
    01 z71 daily

passenger side fuel rail, on the crossover tube...remove the schroeder valve. fuel pump will support it, you have 24lb injectors now and would be good to go up to a 30+lb injector as you IDC's will be pretty high with bolt ons and a shot
    2006 silverado SS....Clifford Jr...turbo coming soon
    1970 Chevelle ly6 swap....d1 coming soon

thanx man. Ill look for some 30s, get a tune to take a lil timing out, and well see what this heavy 4x4 el do. lol

Is the pill combo hp ratings that came with the zex kit be the same for the silverado? Diff fuel pressure.. Or does the silonoid regulate the fuel the same regaurdless?
    Cody
    01 z71 daily

youll wanna pill it at a 62 or 65n and a 38f and thatll keep you fat on AFR. I personally don't like the Zex kit but some people do...I know the kit runs off the TPS wire so you'll wanna check and make sure the chevy has the same voltage output as the ford.

Leave on the button off the line in 4wd and youll cut some badass 60's...i went some low 1.6's in my SSS leaving on a 200
    2006 silverado SS....Clifford Jr...turbo coming soon
    1970 Chevelle ly6 swap....d1 coming soon

on the street, nitrous 4x4 launching is tits
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL
    01 GMC REG CAB BUILDING
    06 SILVERADO SS 80E 3200 YANK LS3 TOP, DD
    2013 POLARIS RANGER CREW LE EPS

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by A PATRIOT View Post
    "MOLON LABE"

Bewbs

lol. I dont care much about the zex anymore, but i havent had much luck selling it, soooo.... what the hell.
    Plus, i want to build a lq9, but my wife says i cant fix what aint broke.. lol
    Cody
    01 z71 daily

spray a 300 shot itll break lol
    00 silverado superbrick
    supercharged
    02 ss camaro
    all motor
    99 frc vette
    bottle fed

my kit only flows 175, and i dont need another race truck. I got a 412 in a s10 blazer with a 150 on it.... I just wanna have a little fun with what i got laying around. My 6.0 aint quit ready to go in yet either. Still looking for a ls6 cam and lifters.
    Cody
    01 z71 daily

how much spray will a stock 6.0 take? my kit goes higher than 175 but i got it jetted to 150, installing this week

+ Reply to Thread