+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HyperTech Programmer

I have an 01 Silverado 4.8 4x4 and want more power. The only modifications I have done are to put on a throttle body spacer and K&N "Snorkel"

I was looking at exhuast yesterday and the guy said "go with the programmer... it will give you more bang for your buck". I bought the HyperTech Power Programmer and am not overly impressed...I like the firm shift but the power seems about the same.

Any suggestions on programming?

Any suggestions on exhaust (I am thinking of Edelbrock headers, high flow cats and flowmaster duals)?

appearantly you are new to the website. welcome. Restore your factory tune and try to return the handheld. Get Allen to burn you a performance PCM. Nelsonperformance.com has just the ticket for your performance desires.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

yea man...go get your money back...hurry!!!
    admin please delete this acct....

Thanks, I figured I was just not getting the programming right
    Next time I will check here first!!
    I'll have to slam that POS on the counter and get my cash back.

You don't have enough parameters that you can modify using the handheld to get the true performance that you want.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Originally posted by 01Silverado-dude@Aug 5 2004, 07:41 PM
    I have an 01 Silverado 4.8 4x4 and want more power. The only modifications I have done are to put on a throttle body spacer and K&N "Snorkel"

I was looking at exhuast yesterday and the guy said "go with the programmer... it will give you more bang for your buck". I bought the HyperTech Power Programmer and am not overly impressed...I like the firm shift but the power seems about the same.

Any suggestions on programming?

Any suggestions on exhaust (I am thinking of Edelbrock headers, high flow cats and flowmaster duals)?
    Stock cats flow reasonably (sp?) well considering. I'd leave them in place for now.

Skip the Flowmaster for something that will make some power... I have one and it sucks. lol Dynomax or Magnaflow are what I like.

Headers... shorty headers don't add a ton of power FYI...they are better than manifolds but do not expect massive gains. Some guys on ebay sell some Pace Setter or Flowtechs for around $180...I heard they fit well and all. If you have the budged, I'd get some Long Tubes. The Other Guys are what I like the most, many perfer the ASM but their coating leaves something to be desiered...

Also, HPP3 is pretty junky considering the factory tune. It adds around 4° of timing is all... but leaves stuff like Torque Managment and whatnot alone so gains are minimal. I had an HPP3 on my '99 Z71, it was nice for upping the WOT points and correcting the speedo.
    The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions. - Confucius

"He who asks of life nothing but the improvement of his own nature, is less liable than anyone else to miss and waste life."- Henri Frederic Amiel

'01 Chev Z71 LT - '85 BMW 745i TURBO - '88 BMW 750iL - '88 Ford F150 XLT Lariat - '79 MB 240D - '79 MB 280S Euro
    '80 MB 380SE-5.0 Euro - '85 MB 300SD - '87 MB 300SDL - 1990 MB 300SEL - '91 MB 300SE - '91 MB 560SEL

Let's face it, the red hair... makes 'em wet.

+ Reply to Thread