+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ordered allens tune

ordered allens tune for one of my trucks wednesday.my boy talked to allen and they were so excided that allen forgot to ask him for the vin # but got everything else.i got the vin to him wednesday.cant wait to see how it wakes up this 6.0.
    admin please delete this acct....

Did you get the 93 octane hot tune or the 85-87 tune. I just put my 85-87 tune in my 6.0 yesterday and have about 80 miles on it so far. Also when you install it on your truck, give us some info on how you think it runs.

I had allen remove all torqe management from mine so I think it is still burning in. I can feel some seat of the pants difference but nothing huge so far.
    2005 ECSB 5.3

ordered it hotter than a firecracker on the 4th of july.93 tune w/ all torque mang removed.if ya gonna do it.....midas well do it right says it will be here friday.

I hit 120 miles on mine today and I am beginning to really feel the difference. I would like to have the hot tune 93 octane but since the company pays for my fuel they will not approve high octane prices.

when I spoke with allen, he said the hot tune would add 15-20 hp. Keep me informed, I still may get the hot tune.

What truck are you running it in and what mods do you have?
    2005 ECSB 5.3

well got it yesterday but also got 3 1/2 " of rain too .thats 6.5" of rain since wednesday soon as i find a dry spot...i will let you know...its in a '02 2500 hd 4 door /6.0 w/ mac cold air,duals and 160 thermo w/ 33.5" tires.truck runs damn good with all above and a hpp111 so i can only imagine how its going to run with allens tune.

It was raining the day i got mine. I took off work early, made a place in the garage and put that bad boy in. I have a 01 1500HD 4 door 6.0.

Ya know you could get a raincoat!
    2005 ECSB 5.3

ahhhh but make no mistake..it got put in in the garage while it was raining just couldnt run at all with roads wet.but...all i got to say is allen..your the man this ole tanks never ran better.she has never left a black mark at a dead start but she does now..just a little before these 33.5"s grab the road..going from 1st to 2nd,she never gets below 4100 rpm's...pullin pullin pullin now used to she would fall on her ass shifting from 1st to 2nd.throttle responce is alot better...very happy with the tune...again thanks allen..will be ordering the other one soon. see if i can get friends g tech and see what shes doin.

+ Reply to Thread