+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: What sockets does everyone use or prefer? My new SK's...

Sears sells SK tools now. They look like the OLD OLD craftsman stuff too.

Thunder is smart, if a craftsman product doesn't have a lifetime don't buy it, its made in china now and really cheap. The only thing made in usa from craftsman is the hand tools. Everything else is gone cheap!

Will Sears also swap out SK if they break?

Sears only will warranty Craftsman stuff. All others have to be done with manufacture.

Mostly SK with some Craftsman for wrenches and ratchets/sockets. For screw drivers and allen and torx it's hard to beat the quality of Wiha, which is made in Germany, I think they are a heck of alot better than $nap On and they cost less as well. If you never have tried Wiha you should, we use them on the farm all the time under abusive conditions and they just plain take it. Had great luck with craftsman 3/4" drive ratchet and sockets. Blue point and IR impacts.

l like proto, channel lock and husky. in that order

old mod list: H/C/I/N/E/G 408
    new mod list: 5.3, gears/posi, mufler and tune : (

I like Cornwell tools my self. I really never had good luck with the snap-on vender's at our shop. And the cornwell dealer lives about 6 House's up the street from my house so that kinda helps also.
    2001 Silverado, work in progress. Add a vette servo and Nissan e-fans

Meh I posted in here 2 years ago, but my opinions have changed. All my sockets are MAC, all my ratchets (save one big 1/2 drive) are Snap On, screwdrivers are Matco (yet to break one), prybars punches chisels are all Matco, my impact guns are Matco, torques wrenches are a combination of all 3. And the rest is Craftsman, Ingersoll Rand
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

+ Reply to Thread