+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Question Regarding Bogarts

Didn't you order street series bogarts? Of course they're going to be heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    5 lug swap wont fix his issue. His drop spindle is causing his issues
    How not chris didnt have an issue with his 17s on his drop spindle
    and was easier to get a wheel!!!!!

Again your comments dumbfound me!

different body style uses different spindle mounting along with brakes, but im sure you knew this
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Blu View Post
    How not chris didnt have an issue with his 17s on his drop spindle
    and was easier to get a wheel!!!!!

Again your comments dumbfound me!
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

you know off the lot these truck only can fit 17'' up front so wouldnt matter if i put oem spindle...according to rich its the big brakes that are the problem....as for the weight that doesnt really bother me...its the 3 month bs wait i didnt mind a month or so but i guess ill run the black steelies up front...if they dont make it by raceday

the problem with the spindle is the placement of the lower balljoint nut. when you get a drop spindle it moves the hub higher in the spindle which gives you youre drop. doing this moves the wheel upwards and now closer to the wheel. a GMT900 truck comes with PBR calibers and 13" brakes. I have the 08 calibers and 14" rotors on mine. i have a 17x4 front runner on mine but im not a drop spindle. If you had stock spindles and swapped the mounting of your strut setup you would gain youre drop back and still be able to clear the 17s easily
    Quote Originally Posted by CHEVROLADE View Post
    you know off the lot these truck only can fit 17'' up front so wouldnt matter if i put oem spindle...according to rich its the big brakes that are the problem....as for the weight that doesnt really bother me...its the 3 month bs wait i didnt mind a month or so but i guess ill run the black steelies up front...if they dont make it by raceday
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Part of the problem is also 17x7" width and the wheels are the street series which are thicker material. I will have a set of 17x4.5" at SAR... You are welcome to try them.. The offset on them helps the clearance
    99 GMC - RCSB 408 w/98mm whistle... WSLS Racing...

Yea the way bogart has my wheels made right now they would be 2 inches out past fender so he's going to re do the barrels I'll call him tomorrow , I hate bothering people but I haven't talked to him in 2 weeks so I hope he has good news

That would cool if I could maybe try them on see how they fit

This has drilled and slotted rotors itself so they are bigger too lol... Try again... the only thing that was a problem was the caliper needed grinded all the hell but he had them off and made it look stock... But thats common these days for our trucks and racing wheels too...

My 06 has 5lug I didn't have no problem fitting A 17" race wheel on it

+ Reply to Thread