+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 mile time?

1/4 mile time?

Well guys, i finally got some long tubes on my truck, found a set of pacesetters on craigslist, also found my old superchip from my 2002 gmc that i sold, anyways i programmmed the truck after the long tubes and i love it, they feel strong up top, the superchip has the logging built into it for 1/4 mile times and things like that, but i went out to a good sticky straight road and could only get low 16s from what the programmer says and thats without much spinning, this seems very slow for what mods i have, just wondering if the times are accurate on the programmer or if its nothing to look at.
    2000 chevy swb stepside 4.8, mods as of now,tb bypass,ported tb,cold air intake,pacesetter lts, no cats, flowmaster single in dual out, vette servo, 2000 vette cam, hp tuners tuned by shane, and e-fans...

Nope that's about right. Throw that POS programmer away or sell it to some other sucker. Get it tuned properly.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Yea, im for sure getting a nelson tune, it does seem like if i could get it to not spin at all i could get into the high 15s cause im spinning off the line a little and spinning a bit on the 1-2 shift..
    2000 chevy swb stepside 4.8, mods as of now,tb bypass,ported tb,cold air intake,pacesetter lts, no cats, flowmaster single in dual out, vette servo, 2000 vette cam, hp tuners tuned by shane, and e-fans...

I got 3 tenths faster on the 1/4 mile with Long tubes..
    Run your motor, not your mouth..

04 ECSB 5.3 Sierra: 14.6@95
    Pacesetter Headers, Intake, Tune

well i dunno, i did change the tire size on the programmer, it has the stock setting but my truck has the 235 tires, and i think its supposed to have 245, so i set it to the 235 tires, but whats wierd is that when im watching my speedo during the run, its showing over 90mph, but the programmer says i run 16.28 at 87mph?

Yeah the speedometers aren't dead on accurate
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

I guess its best to just forget about what the junk programmer says, cause there are almost stock 4.8s that run faster than that on the track, so it will probably get a better and real time down the strip..

Just haul your butt to a track and see how fast you really are.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by Bo brown View Post
    I guess its best to just forget about what the junk programmer says, cause there are almost stock 4.8s that run faster than that on the track, so it will probably get a better and real time down the strip..
    Not by much. At least not in my case cuz i ran a best of 15.6 at 90 at the track with mods listed in sig and severe lack of traction. Once i get my 4.10s and locker in it should improve a little.

4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

Yea, im looking at the tru trac, a tr220 cam, and a stall, hopefully do all that before i go to the track.

+ Reply to Thread