+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chewed up rice, spit out stang, killed by T/A topend

Did my Civic duty tonight - lol Four guys in a turbo civic runnin through traffic. I moved in behind them as the light was changing to green. He floors it, so I do to, put buslengths on him. He thinks he's hangin' so I slow up for the next light and tell them its a good night for rice. The driver's like "on green!" - "OK" I reply. It turns, same outcome. They take a "u" turn under the bridge and I follow, they floor it before I even get halfway around - lol they've got 10 - 12 lengths on me for certain, but I bury it and do a "trucker-flyby" on him - lol

So as I'm coming up to the next light, there's a newer T/A and a mid90's Mustang GT. The light changes and I burn the Stang....he's the only one I was looking to get anyway. So we come up to the next light and we can hardly wait. He jumps into the intersection and I follow him after the light turns green. I put about 5 lengths on him and then I see the T/A couln't resist, but I'm already in fourth and really only wanted to prove my point to the Stang anyway. I know my truck isn't gonna do anything topend to a LS1 T/A - lol - since I only top out around 140

The guy in the T/A compliments the truck saying "that's one fast truck" and I tell him he's got one fast car....I offer a run from a dig to 60, but he says he's gotta get home.... Lots of fun
    93 Ext Cab w/ 99' LS1, AFR 205cc heads milled to 59cc, G5X2 cam (232/240 .595/.608@114LSA), Edel LS1 headers, 6.0L intake
    Edel IAS shocks, Hotchkis front/rear antisway bars, 3.73 Axle w/ 8.5" -10-bolt w/ Eaton Posi

man i been missing these posts man. i thought you had stopped racing for a while. but glad to see your back on top of things and doing what you do best, killing pieces of crap.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(duckysbht &#064; Sep 10 2006, 10&#58;55 PM) [snapback]64627[/snapback]</div>
    man i been missing these posts man. i thought you had stopped racing for a while. but glad to see your back on top of things and doing what you do best, killing pieces of crap.
    [/b]
    ha ha - yeah - had been out of town for a while. Had to make sure the truck still ran okay. Don&#39;t want carbon building up on the.... umm pistons or spark plugs or...uh....umm..yeah...that&#39;s it
    93 Ext Cab w/ 99&#39; LS1, AFR 205cc heads milled to 59cc, G5X2 cam (232/240 .595/.608@114LSA), Edel LS1 headers, 6.0L intake
    Edel IAS shocks, Hotchkis front/rear antisway bars, 3.73 Axle w/ 8.5" -10-bolt w/ Eaton Posi

DBYRD Guest
    yeah i know about that carbon buildup soooooo tempting when i get my truck back to just make the back of the pedal meet the floor, but am trying to hold off till i get a tranny lined up for it&#33;

Before I decided on DamnYankee I was thinking of changing my name to RiceCooker. My wife said that makes it sound like you can only beat ricers (good point). Anyway, good kill, hope ya enjoyed your meal&#33;

^^ What was funny, I noticed white smoke coming out from under the hood after we went to the second traffic light. I let the driver know about it, but they didn&#39;t seem to pay it no mind. I was thinking to myself to say something like - "Hey - see your steaming up some rice for me" - LOL
    93 Ext Cab w/ 99&#39; LS1, AFR 205cc heads milled to 59cc, G5X2 cam (232/240 .595/.608@114LSA), Edel LS1 headers, 6.0L intake

+ Reply to Thread