+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: OBS to LSx conversion

HELP!!! went to stab the ls2 from my tbss only to figure out the oil pan is front sump. look at the pan on the old 5.7 looks to be a rear sump. Question is, does anybody have a part number for a pan and pickup that will fit my 99 2dr Tahoe????

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    I'm swapping a 94 C1500 right now and was wondering if everyone was removing all of the stock engine harness or not. If not, did you just cut it back to the firewall connector? I'm trying to minimize the stray wires underhood if I can. I've cut the LS harness back to a stand alone, so I assume I can just tie into the stock FP relay and i'd like to tie into the stock check engine light too if I can. Keeping the stock AC plug, water temp, oil pressure, and alternator (If I need to to keep charge light off).

Tips? Tricks? Thanks!
    Yeah, there were a few wires I kept from the old engine harness. You need a set of wiring diagrams from your 94. There's a lot of work figuring out what you want/need to keep. Then you painstakingly start cutting away the wires that won't be used. KEEP A WRITTEN RECORD OF WHAT YOU DO!!!! You won't remember in two years what you did, and at some point you'll need to know. Remember, even if there's something you don't need, you may want to use the circuit for something else. Nice wires with factory firewall connector/pass through is nice to have. For instance, I used the original fuel injection circuit to power my new harness. Just the right current rating for what I needed. Don't cut any wires till you KNOW you won't want to use them. Once I cut away all of the old, I then wrapped what was left in Nylon corrugated wire loom to keep it factory looking. (Don't use Polyethylene loom, it melts.)
    1992 K1500 Blazer.
    L94 & 6L80
    14 Bolt SF axle w/11" brakes & appropriate Combination brake valve, Eaton Trutrac rear posi.
    8000# hidden winch, Rocket Box, KYB Monomax shocks
    285/75R16 Duratracks
    Flat Panel Display Gauge cluster in progress.
    http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...00-blazer.html
    New interior & exterior paint planned.

I am new to this site I wanna do an LS1 conversion in my 1995 chevy k1500 4x4 and I’m lost on what to do the only thing I have is a 6.0 ls longblock any help would be appreciative thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ck951989 View Post
    I am new to this site I wanna do an LS1 conversion in my 1995 chevy k1500 4x4 and I’m lost on what to do the only thing I have is a 6.0 ls longblock any help would be appreciative thanks

Go to lt1swap.com that helped me out alot. I pretty much got everything figured out except the tranny. I dunno if I can use my 95 trans. You might have that same problem with your trans. If you can just get a newer 4l60e or 80e so you won't have to deal with it. I on the other hand want to use my trans if possible but I haven't got answer from anyone on how I can use it. I'm at a stand still until then bit good luck.

I’m putting an 04 5.3 in my 91. The 91 has a 5 speed (I believe it’s a getrag trans), can anyone tell me the correct flywheel, pressure plate, clutch, and bearings I need? I have only read about the nv3500/4500 or t-5’s. Thanks

I'm in the process of installing a 2002 Yukon Denali engine transmission and transfer case in my 1994 GMC Sierra. Has anyone made there OBS AWD. I have already modified the right side differential mount and the install looks pretty straightforward. My concern is the wiring . I removed the factory computer and associated wiring from the truck but I'm not sure I did the right thing. Any tip would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread