+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: OBS to LSx conversion

Search pacesetter. I believe that they work but I won't say for sure.

Ok thanks I've read they fit 1500 but have yet to see them on a 2500 but I will keep reading,just trying to get all the parts ordered for the swap

OK gents. for the life of me I can't get a straight answer on this. I am putting a 03 6.0 LQ4 out of a 2500 into my 97 K2500. I am keeping the NV4500, it has the internal slave, and is the exact same tranny they were using in 01-07 for the manual tranny trucks. I am trying to figure out a clutch/flywheel setup and I can't get a straight damn answer. I'd like to go Mcleod, since I'm towing and hauling with this truck, I need something durable. I'm thinking about just switching out the slave/hydraulics to the 03 style, and getting an 03 compatible clutch and flywheel setup. Does that make sense? Is anyone on here familiar with dealing with this swap?

ALSO what 6.0 compatible flywheels have the dowel pins removed and shouldered bolt holes? I can't seem to find that either.
    Last edited by aggiecowgirl12`; 06-22-2015 at 01:24 PM.

I scrolled through this thread and didn't see an update on the headers. Were you ever able to produce them?

Quote Originally Posted by NITROUS View Post
    If you can hang tight for a few weeks I'll have the full length header with merge collectors I'm working on completed and will be able to start making them pretty quick. I just don't have a price on them yet.

I'm swapping a 94 C1500 right now and was wondering if everyone was removing all of the stock engine harness or not. If not, did you just cut it back to the firewall connector? I'm trying to minimize the stray wires underhood if I can. I've cut the LS harness back to a stand alone, so I assume I can just tie into the stock FP relay and i'd like to tie into the stock check engine light too if I can. Keeping the stock AC plug, water temp, oil pressure, and alternator (If I need to to keep charge light off).

Tips? Tricks? Thanks!

Since photobucket sh*t the bed and all pics are gone, does anyone have any updated links for pcm repinning? I'm putting a 24x 6.0 into my 99 Suburban and want to run only the LS pcm.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney View Post
    I'm swapping a 94 C1500 right now and was wondering if everyone was removing all of the stock engine harness or not. If not, did you just cut it back to the firewall connector? I'm trying to minimize the stray wires underhood if I can. I've cut the LS harness back to a stand alone, so I assume I can just tie into the stock FP relay and i'd like to tie into the stock check engine light too if I can. Keeping the stock AC plug, water temp, oil pressure, and alternator (If I need to to keep charge light off).

Tips? Tricks? Thanks!
    if anyone has some detailed information from this point on would be great... as well as cutting back to a stand-alone harness

Does anyone know if Nelson Performance is still in business? Or how to reach them...trying to get my harness reworked.

Just check the sidebar on the forum page. There is a link there with all the contact information.

Thanks...they are building my harness now. Hopefully done this week. Doing an LS2 out of my totaled tbss into my 2door Tahoe. Got set back plates, and harness. Anyone know if the stock y-pipe off of my ss will work on my Tahoe? Or anything else that may be an issue during the swap.

+ Reply to Thread