+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 LastLast

Thread: Official NBS 4.3v6 to GEN 3 V8 swap Guide

My advice would be to get a v8 harness for your 01 and keep the drive by cable peddle. It's more trouble than it's worth to switch to DBW. If you get a 99-02 harness and throttle body, everything will plug in and run fine without making any changes to the fuse box or BCM. If you do decide to run the older harness you will need a new oil pressure sending unit. Part number ACDELCO d1818a. 50 dollars on amazon.
    2000 RCSB
    LQ9
    Torquer V2
    T56 Magnum
    305 drag radials
    3/4 lowering kit

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    My advice would be to get a v8 harness for your 01 and keep the drive by cable peddle. It's more trouble than it's worth to switch to DBW. If you get a 99-02 harness and throttle body, everything will plug in and run fine without making any changes to the fuse box or BCM. If you do decide to run the older harness you will need a new oil pressure sending unit. Part number ACDELCO d1818a. 50 dollars on amazon.
    if I keep the 06 engine harness what electrical stuff would I need to switch I'm getting ready to drop the engine in this week end an would you happen to know what size the fuel feed line is on the 06 engine it is a Returnless style

I have my swap all done except I'm getting the start and immediate die. I've read threw the whole thread and it seems I need to do pcm flash to eliminate VATS. Is this correct? I've tried key on for 10 minutes then off and so on with no luck.

Has anyone used, or can confirm that these fittings will work for the fuel. I don't want to cut off my fuel lines.
    https://m.summitracing.com/parts/rus-640820
    https://m.summitracing.com/parts/ear...ENwxoCrn7w_wcB

2007 Classic 4.3 to 5.3 swap

I have been researching swapping my 2007 classic 4.3 out for a 5.3. It is currently a DBC system. I haven't found clear answers for the correct engine and wiring harness. What is the correct year engine and wiring harness I should buy?

I'm a little confused on the mounts.

I pulled a 5.3 and grabbed both the engine mounts and frame mounts from the donor.
    The passenger side looks like it will fit fine, but the driver's side isn't even close. Is it possible that the 4x4 frame mount is different on the driver's side of the 5.3 donor? I grabbed another mount from a 4x4 Yukon for the driver's side but it looks almost exactly the same.

Does the driver's side frame mount need to be from a 2 wheel drive truck? I'm doing the 4.3 to 5.3 swap into a 99 or 2000 RCSB 2wd Sierra (can't remember the year right off hand) that has rack and pinion steering.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeNova View Post
    I'm a little confused on the mounts.

I pulled a 5.3 and grabbed both the engine mounts and frame mounts from the donor.
    The passenger side looks like it will fit fine, but the driver's side isn't even close. Is it possible that the 4x4 frame mount is different on the driver's side of the 5.3 donor? I grabbed another mount from a 4x4 Yukon for the driver's side but it looks almost exactly the same.

Does the driver's side frame mount need to be from a 2 wheel drive truck? I'm doing the 4.3 to 5.3 swap into a 99 or 2000 RCSB 2wd Sierra (can't remember the year right off hand) that has rack and pinion steering.
    yeah, 2WD and 4WD frame mounts are different. gotta grab ones from a like platform.
    00 FRC - just top end, exhaust, and a hot-air intake
    99 Sierra - 5.3 / 5spd
    ↓ click the pic for the build ↓

V6 to 5.3 MANUAL TRANS?

I did a v6 to 5.3 swap with my stock 5 speed trans.
    Anyone done the same?

i have a 2004 siverado extended cab short bed with a v6 and a 2006 silverado single cab log bed with a v8. im wanting to swap the v6 for the v8, tranny also. my questions are will the motor mounts and drive shaft fit or will mods need to be made. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lsjuan5 View Post
    I did a v6 to 5.3 swap with my stock 5 speed trans.
    Anyone done the same?
    see the signature above your post. plenty of guys have

Quote Originally Posted by TGarcia View Post
    i have a 2004 siverado extended cab short bed with a v6 and a 2006 silverado single cab log bed with a v8. im wanting to swap the v6 for the v8, tranny also. my questions are will the motor mounts and drive shaft fit or will mods need to be made. thanks
    mounts depend on how each truck's configured. this thread talks about which trucks need which ones.
    can't you just crawl under each truck & measure the driveshafts to see if they're the same lengths? i don't get why you would need/want to swap them (or the trans for that matter) unless they're not both 4L60s.

+ Reply to Thread