+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51

Thread: Official NBS 4.3v6 to GEN 3 V8 swap Guide

Im currently working on swap. 2000 4.3 5 speed swap to 2000 5.3

the harness I got was hacked up, so I had to rework it a bit. Im stuck with c2 F11 on the fuse block. its a purple/white wire for starter relay, but unsure where to tie into.

Any help is appreciated

I just purchased an 04 silverado 2wd rcsb with a 4.3 have an 04 6.0. Been searching but unable to find the part numbers for the exact 1500 mounts I need. I appreciate an help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsjuan5 View Post
    I did a v6 to 5.3 swap with my stock 5 speed trans.
    Anyone done the same?
    I’m just about to start this swap in my 2001 2wd gmc rcsb. But I’m having trouble sorting thru the information on mating the transmission to the new 5.3. What did you have to change to mate them? Do I need a 4.8 wheel? Do I need new hardware? Do I need a new throw out? It’s a shame if I gotta change a bunch of stuff cause I just installed a new clutch kit. It’s got like 1000 klms on it. But the engine is toast.
    Thanks for any input!

Quote Originally Posted by dlh2006 View Post
    A rearend is a great idea, I holded off on mine for a month or two. I mainly tried to point out what is required, a rearend is not required and i doubt your going to break the open diff, i couldnt do it lol! I pulled a 1.9 on the one wheel peel with a pair of ET streets. But like stated above i would swap one out whether it be during the swap or after it.

It says if you have a 99-02 get that harness and if you have an 03+ get that harness.

I personally would just buy new mounts, that way everything will be to factory specs and the engine will not sit higher etc. The price on the mounts really do not justify going through the trouble of trying to get the v6 mounts to work.

Also like stated above you will need V8 lines such as the AC, Heater hoses, radatior hoses. I would go to a junk yard and pull the hoses off that you need, this way it wont cost much at all.

as for as time i did the swap in a weekend. I Installed a cam in the 6.0, removed the stock tranny and pulled the v6 out on day 1 on day 2 I did the install of ot all!

Thank you all for your comments!

If anyone has any specific questions regarding the swap please post it up!

Thanks.
    is the process the same on 2007 silverado 4.3 to 5.3 swap

+ Reply to Thread