+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mentally preparing myself

my grandfather has been in the hospital over the past week for a minor heart attack.. this is one of 3 that he has had. last night my family and i had gone and visited him and he was in great spirits and getting around just fine, while acting like his normal self.

he was supposed to have open heart surgery today, but after evaluation his doctor decided against it. they figure with his age and how extensive the damage to his heart is, he would be better off sent home with medication, AGAIN. don't get me wrong, the medication they gave him last time gave him 6 more years to live, to this day and then some.

what i want to know is, what's the easiest way to prepare myself for his death, which could be anyday now.. (knock on wood) hopefully not anytime soon.

thanks for any guidance here..
    brad - my fquick..

curb feelers and fuzzy dice..

Hey man we are all supporting you. I send my condolences to your family. I think most of us have all gone through some kind of rough times. Stay Strong man and just remember to show him alot of love no matter what. God Bless

-david
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Hey man, people have all different ways of dealing with death. Its the hardest thing in life to go through, whether it is a family pet or a close loved one. You just have to set yourself at peace, and know the he wont be suffering anymore and is in a better place. We are here for you. We're all like 1 big family here. I hope everything works out great and he lives another 6 years. It sucks, I know. But we are here for you.
    DANIEL CAMMED SS 13.46 @ 98.17-- 8.58 @ 80.31

2003 Silverado SS / LQ9 6.0L / Wheatley 93 Octane Tune / 224/228 .581 .588 110lsa / Patriot Gold Dual Springs / Comp Hardened Push Rods / Circle D 3800 stall / Pacesetter LT's / 4:10 Gears / Transgo HD-2 Shift Kit / K & N Cold Air Intake / Corvette Servo / Aeroforce Interceptor / Autometer Narrorband(Wideband on the way) / Mobile 1 Synthetic / Single Chamber Flows with X Pipe / Cats Delete with Cutouts

beleive me its no better knowing the person is gonna go soon or is a sudden death....we all hate it when we loose a loved one....i didnt share this but i lost my older brother to congestive heart failure on friday 8/12 ...he was only 56 years old and was under dr's care for a infection in his leg...what a shocker!!!
    the best thing you can do is be strong for one another when that dreaded day comes....it will pass and only good memories will be left behind....
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xlr82sxs &#064; Sep 11 2006, 09&#58;30 PM) [snapback]64764[/snapback]</div>
    my grandfather has been in the hospital over the past week for a minor heart attack.. this is one of 3 that he has had. last night my family and i had gone and visited him and he was in great spirits and getting around just fine, while acting like his normal self.

he was supposed to have open heart surgery today, but after evaluation his doctor decided against it. they figure with his age and how extensive the damage to his heart is, he would be better off sent home with medication, AGAIN. don&#39;t get me wrong, the medication they gave him last time gave him 6 more years to live, to this day and then some.

what i want to know is, what&#39;s the easiest way to prepare myself for his death, which could be anyday now.. (knock on wood) hopefully not anytime soon.

thanks for any guidance here..
    [/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bud8fan &#064; Sep 11 2006, 10&#58;03 PM) [snapback]64768[/snapback]</div>
    beleive me its no better knowing the person is gonna go soon or is a sudden death....we all hate it when we loose a loved one....i didnt share this but i lost my older brother to congestive heart failure on friday 8/12 ...he was only 56 years old and was under dr&#39;s care for a infection in his leg...what a shocker&#33;&#33;&#33;
    the best thing you can do is be strong for one another when that dreaded day comes....it will pass and only good memories will be left behind....
    [/b]
    My heart goes out to both of you. It is hard having a loved one pass away. My grandfather died a little less than ten years ago. His doctors said he would die about ten years before that of hear failure. I was greatful for all the time I had with him. Even though he was in bad health his death was a bit of surprise, he died of a leak in his intestines from an earlier surgery. The best I can say to do is cherrish(sp) everyday you have with your grandfather, and give him all your love and support.
    RChevy.48
    2001 Silverado RCSB 4.8L
    Current Mods
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    LT1 Fans
    vette cam sitting in garage

Take everyday and cherish what you have. Dont view his death as an end. View it as a rebirth. He we will be reborn in the hands of the father. He will not have anymore pain. You have my prayers for you and your family. It is hard i know. I have lost many friends and relatives in the past 10 years. Dont let there memory die. Live each day to the fullest. Don&#39;t take forgranted what you have or it may not be there tomorrow. We are all here for you. Also remeber for every end there is a new beginning. Instead of mourn, Celebrate. Celebrate the life he has had, the family he has and what he has accomplished. Spend as much time as you can with him. Make sure there is nothing left unsaid. Just know it will be difficult but you can work through. Especially with the friends and family that you have. Lean on them and us for support we will help you get through it.
    2004 EXC Silverado 6.2L
    Mods:
    6.2L L92, Ported and Polished stage 3 heads, 95mm Throttle Body, 100mm MAF, NA, Pacesetter LT Headers, Magnaflow X-Pipe Muffler, Electric Fans, 160* thermostat, 2" Drop Shackles, Hellwig Sway Bars Front and Rear, Monroe Reflex Shocks, NGK Spark Plugs, AMW Oil Catch Can, 17"x10" wheels on Kuhmo Tires.

DBYRD Guest
    i agree with all the statements above, but i think the thing we must remember most in times like these is this: we shouldnt be selfish(as far as our personal hardships go), think about him and the things he&#39;s having to go through. i think this is the hardest part of it all, and also the most surreal life gets. if u were suffering, or hurting and going through so much pain and agony, would u wanna live that way? its hard to say these things, but one day we&#39;ll all be at that point, and just know he loves u and let him know u love him man this is the toughest time in my life too, and i know a few other members r going through tough times, just again know we r here for u and ur not alone. god bless ur family, be strong for him, cuz he was always strong for u.

Hang in there guys&#33; I wish the best for you and your families. God bless&#33;
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

I DONT THINK THERE IS REALLY ANYWAY TO PREPARE FOR DEATHS. THE GOOD THINK IS THAT YOU HAVE HIM HERE NOW. MAKE THE BEST OF IT. DEATH IS A TRAGEDY ON EARTH BUT A TRIUMPH IN HEAVEN AS LONG AS THEY ARE SAVED. IT IS APART OF OUR LIVES NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT. JUST MAKE THE BEST OF IT WHILE YOU STILL HAVE A CHANCE.

I SORRY FOR THE OTHER DEATHS THAT HAVE BEEN MENTIONED ON THIS SIGHT. PEACE BE WITH ALL YOUR FAMILIES.

JAMEST
    12 Sec. Club! SOLD
    La Viuda negra/ a.k.a. Black Betty

LQ4 6.0L, WCCH HEADS, LEVEL 5 FLT 4L80E TRANS. WITH TRANS BREAK, YANK 3200 STALL, TRICK TURBO, TURBONETICS T-76 TURBO, CUSTOM INTERCOOLED, 68lb INJECTORS, CUSTOM S/D TUNE FROM NELSON PERFORMANCE, COMP CAM 212/214 .557/.559 116+2, SNOW METH. KIT, . ALL INSTALLED AND DYNOED AT NELSON PERFORMANCE: 5**?HP @ 5073rpms and 5**TQ @ 4389rpms AT THE WHEELS WITH 10 PSI OF BOOST. ALL 3/4 TON TRUCK 5435LBS, NOTHING TAKEN OFF, STREET TIRES, AND USUALLY 2 BABY SEATS. WANNA RIDE?
    SOLD***

i appreciate the support guys&#33; quite a few of you had great words of wisdom that i can relate to. thanks&#33;

..as for my grandfathers status, he&#39;s still acting his normal self, which is hard to &#39;mask&#39; so to speak.. i have recently been notified that they are going to follow through with surgery, but not the type that had 75% risks. they assume it will open a few more arteries that haven&#39;t been functional in a few years.

it&#39;s nice to have a bit of support in our hardships.

and to those with recent and not so recent deaths that posted here, my condolences are sent out to each and every one of your family members. it&#39;s definitely not an easy thing to go through.
    brad - my fquick..

curb feelers and fuzzy dice..

+ Reply to Thread