+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LED Swap for '99-up (pics)

Ok guys, this took me and MacADaYear awhile to do, but this is what we have so far....
    To do your cluster:
    1)Take out cluster
    2)remove the six bulbs from the back and take out stock bulbs from the base
    3) put LEDs in, make sure to install them securely, so they won't flicker and crap
    4)You can keep the needles orange if you like, but I don't think it will look as good than if you scrape off the paint. Just take a fork or a golfers divot repair tool and pull out the needles, make sure to make a mental note or mark somehow where they were at before you take them out.

5)The bulbs on the lower parts of the doors, the courtesy lights, map lights, glove box and ashtray are all #194 bulbs bought at www.superbrightleds.com They are the 4-LED bulb.

6)The dome light requires a little modding b/c the bulb they make isnt long enough, just get the contact points to be able to hold the bulb

And there you have it! Costs less than $50 to do the swap
    You can do this for the window controls, headlamp controls, cargo lamp and fog lamp(if applicable) controls and A/C controls if you have the time and money. Check my other threads on how to do this....
    '01 Sierra 4.8 SCSB
    4.10, Eaton posi, Nelson tune, 160 t-stat, K&N Intake, Magnaflow catback, Vig 3200, Transgo+billets, 100 NX wet shot

Would you like me to put that in the How To's area of the site? If i'm allowed to, please tell me and i'll make a file with your pics and how to.

btw, nice job. It looks good!
    91 s10 - bagged and bodydropped...getting rebuilt
    91 nissan - backhalfed and bagged

sure no prob...I have some more articles coming about how to do the rest of the interior to LED....window controls, AC controls, headlamp and cargo lamp controls....
    '01 Sierra 4.8 SCSB
    4.10, Eaton posi, Nelson tune, 160 t-stat, K&N Intake, Magnaflow catback, Vig 3200, Transgo+billets, 100 NX wet shot

Excellent. Thank you.

That looks good, I was thinking about doing the Tahoe that way, the wife said i could do green or blue, hehhee.

btw, did you get your stuff here : http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

i have red leds i'll get pics once i get the truck back together

marc
    Red 94 GMC Sonoma
    Red 94 Jeep Wrangler
    Red 02 RCSB Silverado
    Red 03 Ford Cobra
    Red 04 CC Silverado
    Red 05 Yamaha Raptor

I really like red

Originally posted by farmtruc@Apr 16 2003, 08:49 AM
    That looks good, I was thinking about doing the Tahoe that way, the wife said i could do green or blue, hehhee.

btw, did you get your stuff here : http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm
    That's the correct page, but here's where to look...http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm scroll down a little and its the 4LED Wedge bulb
    Dude, I thought about green at first, but didn't know how it would look....if you go green, let's see some pics, I think it'll look good
    '01 Sierra 4.8 SCSB

Any way you can PM me part #'s and the exact part list to add to the write up?

I'm going blue, black truck with charcole interior, blue will just be the finishing touch.

That's it I'm doing mine when I rebuild the instrument cluster with a tach and electronic speedo...
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

+ Reply to Thread