+ Reply to Thread

Thread: poor hemi did not have near enough

I was not far from home and I was cruisin the speed limit which was 45MPH,I set my cruise and was being good.Well,this black Std.cab shortbed hemi came right next to me,he came next to me and rode beside me for about 5 seconds and he punched it.Well of course I HAD to open that bottle behind me. I opened it and then I flashed by brights on and off,he slowed down and rolled down my window!I told him lets go,I said you hit it first.He hit it and then I hit it.Of course I told him to hit it first to give him a head start.After I hit it I pulled him so HARD and flew past him like he was crusin,it was like it was not ever a race. When he hit it we were doin 45MPH and by thet ime I let off at about 90MPH which came pretty quik (within seconds) I was Far ahead,not ever sure how many lengths ahead.
    He caught me at a bad time,that was the first hit off that bottle that was just filled and it hit hard and pulled great.I sure wish we would have gone from a dead stop,now that I have those traction bars and can get awesome traction it would have been fun also.
    He was cool about it though.I came up to my neighborhood and had to turn left and he stuck his arm out the wondow and gave me a thumbs up
    On top of all that,his girl or his sister was int he passeneger seat. I love that,you know they feel dumb especially after they started the whole thing and then got there as* handed to them
    I had to share this with yall,I have not had any kills in a good while
    Later guys
    Charlie

nice kill. im just numbering the days, after i do all my goodies to my truck, to take a hemi down
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

thats awesome!! HEMI OWNED ! and its cool he gave a thumbs up cause no body likes a sore loser. Your truck must haul ass!
    07 SILVERADO CLASSIC 2500 HD 4x4 CREW CAB LT3 DURAMAX LBZ/ALLISON 6 SPEED 5'' MBRP Turbo back exhaust 6'' TIP /NO CAT- NO MUFF/ AFE Intake/ EDGE HOT JUICE /MERCHANT AUTO STG III Built Allison/P I ConverterTTS Twin Lift Pumps. Tierod sleeves/Cognito braces.17x9 Moto metals_______ Old Truck ,04 Z-71/Turbocharged,/cam/stall/Zippy Built TRANS/Nelson Tuned------

HAAA!! That's a good one!!!

They love to pick and pick on Chevy's they think their gonna whoop on.

I was driving the other night too and this Dodge (not sure if had a hemi or not) pulled right up my rear at the on-ramp for I-190. He was just sticking there...not gunning it or anything. The lane is extra wide, so he pulls to the left like he's going to go around me eventhough its one lane

So I keep on like nothing's changed, but let him know I'm not real happy with him by slowing down and moving over to the left a little - kinda saying "your " In the meantime, I put my blinker on showing I want to get onto the highway.

As we're driving, he doesn't even wait to cross the double-wide solid white - "don't cross this line" line and punches it. So I move over in the legal manner and he's already moved over three lanes and is mashing it. I hear his engine screaming and just as he gets to my door - I punch it and look out my window (which was rolled down at the time) and glare as I proceed to out four lengths on him.

Later, I slow down and he never even tries to pass....
    93 Ext Cab w/ 99' LS1, AFR 205cc heads milled to 59cc, G5X2 cam (232/240 .595/.608@114LSA), Edel LS1 headers, 6.0L intake
    Edel IAS shocks, Hotchkis front/rear antisway bars, 3.73 Axle w/ 8.5" -10-bolt w/ Eaton Posi

95ext5.7ltr & vortec350: when are yall going to make a stop by SAR. i want to see these trucks of yours
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

93Ext needs to go to the get togother this Friday in Temple.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedHeartbeat &#064; May 15 2006, 01&#58;16 PM) [snapback]53177[/snapback]</div>
    93Ext needs to go to the get togother this Friday in Temple.
    [/b]
    Ooooohhhh&#33;&#33; TELL ME MORE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Did not know about it&#33;&#33;&#33; Send address and time info&#33;&#33;

Take care

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(duckysbht &#064; May 15 2006, 12&#58;53 PM) [snapback]53174[/snapback]</div>
    95ext5.7ltr & vortec350: when are yall going to make a stop by SAR. i want to see these trucks of yours
    [/b]
    Ha duckysbht - you wouldn&#39;t be impressed by what you saw, trust me. This thing has a couple of rust spots and places where paint is not covering on the top, got a scrape along the left driverside. Not anything you&#39;d feel like admiring - okay - maybe underneath the hood, but that&#39;s about it.

Would like to come out to SAR. Trouble is, I&#39;m usually working on the weekends too and am pretty much a homebody.....well make that fat homebody - he he
    93 Ext Cab w/ 99&#39; LS1, AFR 205cc heads milled to 59cc, G5X2 cam (232/240 .595/.608@114LSA), Edel LS1 headers, 6.0L intake
    Edel IAS shocks, Hotchkis front/rear antisway bars, 3.73 Axle w/ 8.5" -10-bolt w/ Eaton Posi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(93Ext5.7ltr &#064; May 15 2006, 01&#58;54 PM) [snapback]53179[/snapback]</div>
    Ooooohhhh&#33;&#33; TELL ME MORE&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Did not know about it&#33;&#33;&#33; Send address and time info&#33;&#33;

Take care
    Ha duckysbht - you wouldn&#39;t be impressed by what you saw, trust me. This thing has a couple of rust spots and places where paint is not covering on the top, got a scrape along the left driverside. Not anything you&#39;d feel like admiring - okay - maybe underneath the hood, but that&#39;s about it.

Would like to come out to SAR. Trouble is, I&#39;m usually working on the weekends too and am pretty much a homebody.....well make that fat homebody - he he
    [/b]
    after hearing about all your kills, i seriously take into account that saying, "dont judge a book by its cover"
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

We have a quad cab big horn edition hemi at the dealership. I am not impressed at all. It feels just like our chevys. I would of thought it would feel a little bit more force. Its not worth the 38 grand that it cost. I also found out, their chrome rims aren&#39;t chrome at all. They are aluminum wheels with a chrome plastic cover molded over it. If you tap on them, they sound like plastic, and if you look on the inside of it, you can see if curved over where it was molded on. Cheap rims.

+ Reply to Thread