+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A/C Help After 5.3 Swap

A/C Help After 5.3 Swap

Hi Everyone. Swapped a 5.3 from a 2002 Tahoe into our 97 2 door Tahoe. We have been driving the thing all over the place because it is so much fun to drive now.

But it's getting pretty warm out now so I really need to figure out the A/C.

The compressor is a Sanden 508.

I have the A/C Low Pressure Switch at the Drier and the A/C High Pressure Switch installed in the high pressure line between the condenser and compressor. I used this wiring diagram...

I also tried this wiring diagram...

...wondering how your a/c project turned out. been a while. thanks.

Unfortunately it still does not work. I have been sick for the last two years and just now getting back to work on this project. I have been posting in a few different forums trying to get answers, but it feels like the people that have done their LS Swap and got everything working are no longer posting.

-

This is not exactly the way I would have wired them, but it should work. Is the temperature getting up to 210F, if so is the high speed wire from the PCM going to ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Thomasmow View Post
    This is not exactly the way I would have wired them, but it should work. Is the temperature getting up to 210F, if so is the high speed wire from the PCM going to ground?
    The truck has never reached 210 according to the temp gauge on the dash.

At this point I don't really care how it gets wired. I just want things to work.

I don't remember if the 1997 ECU controlled the A/C or not. Back in the day when cars did not have ECUs the A/C worked great. It seams like I could bypass the ECU part of the wiring and get the A/C to work as well as trigger one of the cooling fans.

The cooling fans are another issue all together. I still don't have them working like they should. But the thing never seems to get hot.

The thing is such a blast to drive

Did you use the Red/Blue or Blue/Green connector PCM?

Red and Blue

+ Reply to Thread